Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help: Need Ashtry Cover Wood Grain

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:29 PM
1st Gear
Default Please Help: Need Ashtry Cover Wood Grain

Ok, it's been a while since I posted. I recently purchased my A6 (first time Audi owner) and the dealer who sold me the car shipped it to me without an ashtray cover.

I'm going to call him tomorrow and inquire, but my guess is I'm out of luck (ebay).

Can someone please let me know where/how/what I need to buy? The ashtray moves in and out without a problem and I read on a prior post (yes, I used the search function first) that I may have to buy the whole unit? About how much do you think a wood grain cover costs?

It appears that all I need is the wood trim cover for the ashtray, not the whole unit. I have an '04 A6 2.7T S-Line if that helps.

Also, what model is my car? Is it a B5? I still can't find a definitive answer for this question.

BTW, I drove my car for the first time today! I needed to wait for the title (which took a couple of weeks to get [:@]). I really like it and so does my wife and our daughter.

Ok, one last question: does anyone else's Xenon headlights kind of shake? We were stopped behind a car, and my headlights looked like they were shaking (slightly, but noticeable) as they were projected against the car in front of me. These are the first Xenon headlights that I've had. Is this an issue with Audi?

TIA,
Mark

Old 02-22-2008, 01:35 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Please Help: Need Ashtry Cover Wood Grain

car looks nice ... green? hard to tell from picture ... my xenons shake a lil ... i think if u have the auto leveling ones (if your on a hill youll know because they will mov eup and down when you tunr them on) i think they are free leveling so they move in thier housing... probably impossible to find just the wood piece but you never know ... junkyard? or order audi ashtray assembly

anyone ever seen the little hole in some ash tray where u can put your smoke in and it is an efficient way / meant to put out the smoke... audi doesnt have them but my buddies car does i was thinkin about makin one and somehow securing it next to the smoke holder to the left of the ash tray ... would be a cool little mod for us smokers

Old 02-22-2008, 04:10 PM
1st Gear

I just saw that exact ash tray piece on eBay about a week ago....you could search for it and you might get lucky. Otherwise check a salvage yard....just be careful taking them off as the tabs tend to break (mine is held on with 3M double sided adhesive, so I should know).

Old 02-22-2008, 05:38 PM
1st Gear

Joe,

Thank you! Yes, my car is green. Gigi explained it isn't as fast as silver. Damn it! Thank you for the explanation for the headlights. Weird!!!!!

Costner,

Thank you for the ebay lead. I scoured ebay, but didn't look at Completed Auctions (which I almost always do - must have been my rage blocking my thinking).

I found the finished auction and contacted the seller. I hope it works out b/c the stealer wants $150 for just the wood trim cover. Jag offs.

Take care,
Mark

Old 02-22-2008, 05:38 PM
3rd Gear

I believe the B-series are the A4s (check the main screen to the forum). If I recall, 1999-2004 are C5.

I'd check junk yards for the whole ashtray. Also, if you search these posts there are some references to Audi-only salvage yards.

She's a good looking car. PS - My Xenons do not shake. I doubt I have self-leveling lights.