Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchased A6 online: advice on navi-miscue

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:52 PM
1st Gear
Default Purchased A6 online: advice on navi-miscue

Have hung out for a while, but finally registered and posting!

Here's a story.. purchased an 2008 A6 online. Great transaction. 3.2 Quattro S-line, premium package, tech package, 6 disc changer, MMI, Audi music interface (not sure what that is) low mileage. I called and spoke to them/seller regarding a few issues to confirm prior to purchase. One of them was 'included Navi'.. it was noted in auction and i was told it had Navi by sales. When i received car, interior was black (not the listed gray), which i can live with, but also there is no Navi. Called purchasing entity, absolutely cool.. said if i can find a dealer that will install, they would reimburse me. Called local dealer and was told that when they pull my VIN, shows my car not even equipped with 'basic wiring', so the total for all hardware and labor would be close to $5000. It does have MMI, fin antenna, and buttons for Navi, but when press factory Navi button says 'Navi not installed'. (plus no dvd in trunk area and only CD changer in glove). Looking at aftermarket, and my son is disappointed as the 'buttons' on the consul wuld be dead... not a big issue to me, but bums him out as sales told us both it had Navi. Out -of- state seller will reimburse me reasonable costs for an aftermarket, but not $ 3000 - 5000 being quoted (the upper end being for 'no Navi basics').. are there any aftermarket units that allow use of factory buttons (FM, Aux/CD, sound, etc) on the Audi shift deck?.. or anyone with any ideas. Grew up around Audi's as my uncle always has at least one, but this is my first...so hoping i don't have to send it back..

Old 02-02-2011, 05:26 PM
3rd Gear

It's strange that you have the buttons, but no Navi. I would strike a deal with them for $500-1000 to offset your emotional suffering. That said, I think built in GPS stinks as the technology is rapidly changing and the newer units have many more features for less price (my three year old $350 Garmin is crud compared to my 6-month old $120 Garmin). Take the $$ and buy a Garmin and a radar detector. Put the rest aside for repairs. :-)

Old 02-03-2011, 02:03 PM
3rd Gear

That doesn't sound at all like a "great transaction"... They MISREPRESENTED (falsely
adevertised) the car they sold to you. It should be some type of law against sheisters.
Oh wait, we actually have TORT law pertaining to situations like this....

Old 02-03-2011, 07:03 PM
2nd Gear

If they are willing to take the car back and bulit in Navi means that much to you, then, by all means, return the car. Its a rare dealer that will accomodate you that easily so he is one to do business with if you can.

On the other hand, the most he really owes you is the difference in book value between a car with Navi and one without. I say get him to buy you a top-of-the-line TomTom and call it even. Your kid will have more fun with the TomTom, you'll get better results from it and the dealer will have you as a happy customer. Win, win, win!

Bob

Old 02-04-2011, 12:49 PM
2nd Gear

----TomTom---

I could not agree more!