Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on Extended Warranty--which one is good

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 04:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Question on Extended Warranty--which one is good

Hi everyone
I am new here but have a question hopefully someone here will know.
I recently purchased a 2004 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro.
What I need to know is about extended warranties.

I called the Audi dealers around Dallas, Tx and they all recommend the Audi extended warranty. Is that the only one that can be purchased for the car? I have had mercedes before and bought the extended warranty and it was through MAP and I never had a problem with them.
I believe the dealers are trying to push the Audi warranty and it really is way overpriced....but then again I don't want to pay for a warranty then the company go out of business.
Does anyone have any suggestions on which company is good with Audi for an extended warranty? There are so many companies out there that I don't want to get taken for a ride.
Thanks so much,
Robin

Old 07-21-2009, 06:30 PM
3rd Gear

The best extended warranty would be the one you can read its fine print, and understand easily its exclusions.
If I would consider a such "warranty" - it's apparently more of a service contract than a warranty, then I would probably look at WarrantyDirect, Carchex, or The Hartford.
However, these "warranties" seem to bring to the buyer more headaches than piece of mind.
You may find someone on the forum that actually bought a such extended service coverage, used it successfully without problems and can recommend that particular selling company.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Wink Warrant

I bought my 04' A6 3.0q in the later part of last year. Purchased it from a Honda/Acura Dealer and got the Ext Wrt through them (Acura Care) so far EXCELLENT!!!

They've paid for everything I took my A6 toAudi for.. I'll say since last year till today i've had about 3G's of work and only paid $400 bucks for the deductibles including Enterprise Car Rentals daily fees....

Gotta Love Acura Care!!!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 03:47 PM
2nd Gear

I have had a warranty with Continental since 2005 and have used them several times without any issues. As a matter of fact, I don't even have to deal with them, my mechanic speaks to them directly and they pay him directly same day. They do cover the Turbos and Quattro. I have used them for various things: all coil packs, control arms, alternator, A/C pulley, Auxiliary Water pump, CV Boots... I have no complaints at all and gives me piece of mind.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:54 PM

do you have a link or something for continental?

Old 10-10-2009, 01:12 AM

Everything you need to know before you buy an extended auto warranty can be found on WarrantyReports.com - unbiased warranty research... dont scammed by one of those here one day gone next day compaines

Old 10-11-2009, 12:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Shame on me for not doing my homework....

I have the Penn Warranty Co. (or something similiar), and I can tell you without a doubt it is the worst ext. war. co. according to the shops I have my car serviced at.

To date I have had the following done:
1. Replaced water pump - Out of pocket = $120
2. Replaced Timing Belt - Out of pocket = $250
3. Rebuilt Tranny - Out of pocket = $2200

Penn War. Co. refused to replace the timing belt at the same time the water pump was being replaced (as is the norm for just about any car company). In less then 2 weeks the timing belt has to be replaced as the belt was falling apart, which brought it to my attention. I removed the timing belt cover (where the noise was obviously coming from) and could not believe my eyes.
The tranny was an other issue all together went from a very reputable local repair shop, to a Tranny shop, to an other tranny shop, and 3 Audi techs in total were hired on contract to try and find the issue with the tranny. I was without my car for excactly 4 months, and all the mean while the first tranny shop that my car was transfered to, stuck by their original quote (my part) and Penn only paid them 1200. The Tranny shop replaced all the pressure plate, selenoids, TCU, Wiring harness, and some additional parts I can not think of now. They also installed and removed the tranny from my car no less then 5 times between the different shops and contracted Audi techs.
Get this........ the main culprit was a 3 dollar connection that "appeard" to be making a connection but was not....... Anyway Penn refused to budge, and would only offer a use tranny with 80K plus mile on it, and what was to say it would not need a complete rebuild of its own soon anyway......

Well at least my car is up for an other 75-100K miles on it.... Timing Belt and Tranny have been done! (I have to look at the bright side of this).