Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio HELP ... not SAFE mode related

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 02:38 AM
1st Gear
Default Radio HELP ... not SAFE mode related

I own a 97 A6 with the Bose sound system on it. While ago it turned off on me and never came back on regardless of what I did. Next morning it was back and working! This weekend, it decided to keep cutting on me. It would come on and go off whenever the volume **** was out (to turn the stereo on) regardless of key being in the ignition or alaram! I noticed when it came on I heard a clicking noise from the left of the steering column. This kept happening untill I lost it and just turned it off. Now it won't come on at all! Can anyone tell me what the heck is wrong with this system? I'm all puzzled ! I think it may be a relay problem (if there is one used for the sound system). Another major issue that I have is that the radio is somehow JAMMED inside the dim, which won't let me pull it out! So if I have to remove the sound system, I'll have a lot of work to do to get to this! Oh the cutting didn't depend on the road vibration as it would happen regardless of car being stationary, or driving.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Kianoosh

Old 10-04-2005, 05:39 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Radio HELP ... not SAFE mode related

You do know how to normally remove the factory radio right? the two/four slots in the radio face that take the slanted and indexed keys.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:39 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Radio HELP ... not SAFE mode related

Yes I do... It's just that the side pins, which are pushed in when you insert the removal tool, are somhow jammed in a way that I can't remove the HU. The HU comes out by about an inch by itself (no tool inserted or anything), but then it gets stuck. I'll have to try and see if I can remove it some other ways. Any help is highly appreciated.

Kianoosh