Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

random car alarm

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Default random car alarm

So I have been noticing that coming out of a store every now and then my lights would be flashing and then at the doctors office when my car was parked all nice in the corner the alarm started to go off as i was waiting. Also during soccer practice I will hear the alarm go off when there is no one around it....has this happened to anyone else and is there a way to turn off the alarm?

Old 09-05-2007, 11:25 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: random car alarm

I think you're experiencing similar problems that I had. Or rather it isn't a problem just design. Question for you though. Were your windows open or cracked? When I left my windows cracked, my lights would start flashing. No honking, no noise, just flashing. I was told that the sensors inside my car are always on by default and that they are SENSITIVE. I mean pick up a fly sensitive and that I would have to turn the sensor off. However, I only noticed that this happens when I crack the windows and lock the car with the key. If I cracked the windows before I got out of the car and set the alarm with the remote, it doesn't happen. Now that I think about it, I may have more a problem than I thought cuz that doesn't make sense...lol.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
2nd Gear

Newer C5's and up have the motion sensors inside the car. The sensors are at the top of the B Pillar on both sides. If you leave your windows cracked then wind can set off the alarm. If you open your drivers door there should be 2 buttons on the lower pillar. One is to open the trunk and the other is to disable the motion detectors. Push this buuton and a little red light illuminates on the button telling you they are off.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:28 PM

aha! i believe that is it...the other times when i was walking out might have been me leaning on the panic button....I noticed that button but didnt know what is was for thanks! ill try it and hopefully it helps

Old 09-05-2007, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

I have had the same problems, I have tryed the button on and off and both don't work, the dammn sensor seems to be always on.

Sucks beacuse in the summer the darn temps hover around 90-100 for a good part of the summer and the darn car is always hot. some times I leave it in the work parking lot windows down , unlocked so I am not boiling when I get in the car.

I wish there was a way to just bypass the stupid sensor I hate the sensor beacuse it dosent seem to work right, way to sensitive

Old 09-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Site Moderator

I believe there is a way to program it with the VAG COM, you might be able to find it on audiworld.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

I have asked this before and the only thing i found was being able to turn down the sensor, but not being able to turn it off all the way.

If you find a way I think we would all love that.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Site Moderator

I don't know if that is really possible, im sure the germans know. It all has to do with the coding of your comfort control module (46) The coding number is what tells the module what systems are equipped. If you could find the right coding number it would disable the interior monitoring. Of course the germans know all these numbers but they won't tell us what they are. [:@]

Old 09-16-2007, 09:10 PM

Are the sensors the little slits by the top of the support behind the drivers head? they look like vents....if so has anyone played around with covering them up?I tried the button but the light wont come on and I had the windows cracked and the alarm went off during school during class and the lady came on the speeker through the whole school "there is amaroon audi in the parking lot your car alarm is going off" which was embarrasing but sweet at the same time cause I had to tell the teacher "thats my car can I do turn it off?" I guess you could say it was a mixed blessing

Old 11-06-2008, 02:00 PM

Just leave your car unlocked. If it gets stolen, that's what insurance is for.