Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road construction ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:16 AM
1st Gear
Default road construction ?

Does anyone no if there are limitations to how deep a cut out in a road can be without needing to have a steal plate to cover it?
Today i went through an intersection and didnt see one, it ripped off the skid plate and now my oil pan is leaking alot of oil. The lip is bigger in person the pics make it look smaller. Should I take this to court or am I screwed?
Name:  dip1.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  13.2 KB
the sign says plates

Name:  sign.jpg
Size:  45.5 KB

but no plates

Name:  DSCN1167.jpg
Size:  20.7 KB

so now my car if jacked

Name:  car2.jpg
Size:  14.0 KB

Old 06-12-2008, 01:09 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: road construction ?

The insurance company of the contruction company SHOULD pay your repair claim based on the incorrect posting of the road hazard. If they don't and you don't want to turn it into your insurance, you can try to take the construction company to small claims court. The sign clearly says "steel plates on road", not "caution, dip" or the equivelent. But, first, you have to pay someone to make the repairs, so that you have a damage to sue for.You have to go in with receipts from a legitimate repair shop, not from your brother-in-law. It's also not legitimate to do the repairs your self, then pocket the change.Keep all the damaged parts and drag them into court with you. Be well organized, wear a suit and tie, present your case calmly and clearly, show the judge your pictures and you shoul prevail. Of course, if the judge is fishing buddies with the construction company owner, all bets are off!

Bob

Old 06-12-2008, 01:32 PM
2nd Gear

This shouldn't be a battle at all.. they messed up and that is about it. I would def go to the audi dealer to get it fixed aswell. Always nice to get top of the line service when somebody else ***** up but sorry to hear about your car and hope it works out.

Great pics aswell.. Those should help you in the long run if the company doesn't give you the benifit of the doubt.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:37 PM
2nd Gear

get police repot call township then call construction co and tell them u have photos police reports and talked to the township and forwarded everything to your lawyer ... i work for construction commpany and we are cassholes so u have to be an ******* yourself to get anywhere with us lol

same thing happened to me except it was trans casing

Old 06-15-2008, 02:55 AM
1st Gear

Typed a long responce and its gone. gotcar fixed, contacted the company, waiting for responce

Old 06-15-2008, 03:56 PM
2nd Gear

yea u just need to keep pestering ... tell them it was deeper then max Dept of Trans roadway open trench depth

Old 06-22-2008, 03:32 PM

u have to read the city oridinances.... is ur car lowered because if it is ur probably screwed because its on a city street and most citys write stuff like that in there ordinances to cover there a$$e$ but if its not lowered i would say u could definetly get money for it

Old 06-22-2008, 07:33 PM
1st Gear

ya my car is lowered about 2.5" and he company said they will do nothing, claim it on my insurance. I fixed the car already it wasnt much so im ust going to bite the bullet.