Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotor advice needed, ECS vs DBA vs Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:47 PM
1st Gear
Default Rotor advice needed, ECS vs DBA vs Ebay

Hey all, I am going to be buying new front rotors in the next day or two. I am torn between the DBA 4000, the ECS Tuning Drill/slot, and the cheapies on ebay. The ebay ones appeal for price, obviously. But what is my best bet amoung those 3 options? Are the name brand ones that much better? And between DBA & ECS, whats my better option?

Any help is appreciated.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Rotor advice needed, ECS vs DBA vs Ebay

I've looked at those ebay deals and they scareme. I wonder how many of those are just guys buying straight rotors and using a jig to drill holes and/or slots into them to sell them for a profit.

I don't think I would risk it until you hear from some others who have purchased them already. You know what they say about things that appear too good to be true...

Old 08-26-2007, 08:11 PM

When buying on Ebay you maybe getting something like this $20 marvel of Chinese metallurgy... http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...ake-Rotor.html
Astheir website states:
"It is getting popular and popular now, to use a CME economy disc, slotted and drilled, with less than 20 dollars! !
Best to stick with a known, high quality part from a reputable vendor (ECS, PureMotorsports, etc.) when purchasing brake and suspension components.
Unfortunatelysome Ebay vendors misrepresent these knock-off parts as genuine Zimmerman or OEM parts. Beware of prices that are unusually cheap...

Old 08-26-2007, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

I way agree with everyone here.

I got OEM Zimmerman rotors and AET pads, they work great together.

I spent $480 to get rotor's and pads all the way around.

So glad I didn't buy some cheap Krap on ebay.... Cause I was thinking about it too.

-c

Old 08-26-2007, 09:23 PM
1st Gear

Well I am definitely leaning towards the ebay ones the least, was just curious if someone had some success stories that turned out ok.

So between the ECS and the DBA 4000, which is best bet? Are the DBA worth the extra?

Also, on pads, should I go Axxis Metal Master or Hawk HPS?

Thanks

Old 08-27-2007, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: daroshi

When buying on Ebay you maybe getting something like this $20 marvel of Chinese metallurgy... http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...ake-Rotor.html
Astheir website states:
"It is getting popular and popular now, to use a CME economy disc, slotted and drilled, with less than 20 dollars! !
Best to stick with a known, high quality part from a reputable vendor (ECS, PureMotorsports, etc.) when purchasing brake and suspension components.
Unfortunatelysome Ebay vendors misrepresent these knock-off parts as genuine Zimmerman or OEM parts. Beware of prices that are unusually cheap...
Interesting bolt pattern on that image they show. [sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 08-27-2007, 02:50 PM

The other two holes are a slight additional charge...should have the tire shop folks scratching their heads wondering why they can't balance the wheels properly