Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROTORS

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 07:03 PM
1st Gear
Default ROTORS

My front rotors are warped..and i found some nice slotted rotors for 248.00 on http://www.partsandaccessories.com/a...p;brandid=3092for the front...now do i have to change the back ones as well? does it matter if i use 2 different brands of rotors..because these rotors that i found they dont make them for the back..or should i stick with one brand that makes front and back rotors?

Old 01-25-2007, 07:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: ROTORS

How do you know if your rotor is warped? Car drive rough or loud?

Old 01-25-2007, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

I don't think it matters if the brand of rotor matches from the front to the rear.However,if yourather that they do you check outwww.ecstuning.com. They have a pretty good selection ofrotors.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:17 PM
1st Gear

The rotors have never been changed the car shakes really bad when i break...so the mechanic told me to get new rotors... The question really is...do i have to change my back rotors as well???

Old 01-25-2007, 08:01 PM
2nd Gear

Why not just have them turned. "Warped" rotors often are not warped, but instead produce vibration because they have deposits on them from improper bedding (breaking in). Follow the link in my sig to my registry page. Once there, click on "Stoney's Links" and search for "warped rotors". You'll find a good article (or two or three) discussing this issue.

Good luck.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:53 PM
2nd Gear

This is a simple diagnosis. Take the tire/wheel off and through the inspectionslot (caliper)look to see if there is uneven wear on the pads. (vertically) If so, it can beone of two things...warped rotors, or a faulty caliper piston. More than likely it is slightly warped (mm) due to heat. Take the rotors off and go have them mic'd and turned at a qualified machine shop. Then, get new pads (they are cheap) and put it back together. To avoid this from happening again, the slotted/vented rotors are choice. I wouldn't worry about your rears. 80% of your stopping power is in the front. Check out StopTech or Brembo. They are the best on the market for full kits (my opinion, please don't flame). Good Luck.