Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Line package?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:42 PM
1st Gear
Default S-Line package?

I'm looking at some 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line's, apparently a lot of the 04 2.7T's came with this package?

I know about the rims and badges, what else does it include? Are the bumpers and suspension different?

Thanks for any help, I'm narrowing my choices down and probably might get one in the next week or two. Probably going to buy one off CARMAX since they ship cars to me and have the 5-day test drive/buyback policy.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:03 AM
1st Gear

I have the car you describe : ) love it .

read this review !

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Au...e-quattro/823/

My car is a perfect clone of the one in the review, color and all, and again .. I love it.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 AM
1st Gear

forgot to mention the S Line has 15 more HP over the reg 2.7T that's one of the good features .. The great 18inch wheels are nice as well.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:14 PM
1st Gear

Good to know about the extra hp.

I'm a little worried about the 18's, might get some smaller wheels and save the 18s for when I need to look good. Mostly due to my job, I work in the marine transportation business and drive a lot through ports and other places where the pavement is nowhere near autobahn-quality, so the 18s might kick me in the ***!

Anybody else know what the package includes?

Old 10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

As nice as the +15 HP is, I think S-Line is only available with the slushbox... but let's not start that again...

Old 10-28-2008, 04:11 PM
1st Gear

As much as I'd love a manual, all of the ones that match my color choices have over 130k, and the ones that dont I couldnt live with the paint/interior colors. I have heard of people swapping in 6spds, but its probably not cheap at all.

Its almost impossible to find a silver or gray A6 6spd with a black interior with under 75k or so I love black interiors, and due to my line of work I prefer exterior colors that dont show dirt very well, and silver works great in that regard.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

2004 A6 2.7T S-line package insluded the following:

+15 hp (via ecu programming)
S-line badges
RS6 rear spoiler
18" 9-spoke wheels with summer tires OR or 17" 9-spoke wheels with all-season tires

All other stuff is essentially the same. Sport seats were a separate option, as were the cold and warm weather packages.

I'd recommend the 18" wheel route, and if you are in a cold climate, get a dedicated set of snows for winter on 16" or 17" rims. The 18" wheels, although a similar 9-spoke design, are a much prettier wheel becuase of the gentle inward curve of the spoke vs. the flat spoke of the 17" S-line wheel. Nice to haev those 18's for the summer ))

Just my humble opinion...

Old 10-28-2008, 04:41 PM
1st Gear

Thanks a lot! Definitely like the spoiler, the plain look is just, well plain, to me haha Found one A6 with the sport seats so far, I like the look better on those, heated seats would be nice too, our winters arent that cold but cold leather sucks period.

I live in Houston, so whatever wheels/tires I get can stay on year round!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:35 PM
3rd Gear

Keep in mind if you chip it, the +15hp is not additive for the chip. Also, 18" run well although you have to slow down for railroad tracks and other equally rough obstacles. On the highway they feel fine.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:15 AM
1st Gear

if you plan to mod don't get an s line .. If I could go back I wouldn't get s line ... There is no getting the downpipes out past the tiptronic ... That being said if you are not going to do any more than a catback the s line is great

Quick Reply: S-Line package?