Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sayin hey from Titletown, WI

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 05:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Sayin hey from Titletown, WI

Howdy all. Not new to the forum world, but I'm new here.
A week ago, we purchased our first Audi. It's meant to be a 'secondary' vehicle to our 07 Hemi Charger. In the one week that we've owned the A6, the Charger has been driven twice lol.
The Audi is a 2001 A6 2.7T Quattro. 140k miles on it, very well taken care of. The interior is amazing on this car. As much as I wanna leave this stock, I already have a few appearance things planned for it. Tint is first on the list(tomorrow). No engine stuff though, as this needs to be a reliable second car.
Hope to learn a lot here.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

Welcome fellow Wisconsonite, I might be picking up an 04 a6 2.7t S-Line this weekend. They are nice cars my brother has an 03. If your not sure if the timing belt has done you might want to get it checked out. Its not cheap but replacing the motor is obviously a bit more.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:01 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Destined2Race
Welcome fellow Wisconsonite, I might be picking up an 04 a6 2.7t S-Line this weekend. They are nice cars my brother has an 03. If your not sure if the timing belt has done you might want to get it checked out. Its not cheap but replacing the motor is obviously a bit more.
The timing belt was done last June/July. My main reason for buying the A6 I did, thanks to a quick glance at this forum, was because a lot of the big maintenance things were taken care of. My only concern was that it's still the original turbos, at 140k miles. The car was originally owned by an Audi mechanic(driven by his wife). The couple that I bought it from were an 'older' couple, and the wife drove the car mostly in the 3 years that they owned it.
Only issue I've been having, the driver's door once in awhile will throw a sensor saying that it's opened. Scares the hell out of me when I'm driving lol. But, I'm wondering if it's just froze up or something. It's done it 3 times in a week.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:02 AM
1st Gear

I would have loved an S-line car, but there were none in our price range. Plus, this is mostly a family mover, and I'm not a huge fan of driving stick in town.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:47 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NotMyHemi
I would have loved an S-line car, but there were none in our price range. Plus, this is mostly a family mover, and I'm not a huge fan of driving stick in town.
The S-line is just a sportier package... not an actual S model. So its an auto with the same 2.7t as in yours. Im kinda getting it for just a daily driver family car too. Was looking at a few S60R's but they both needed work so think ill go with the A6 if its still available this weekend.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:24 AM
1st Gear

I meant an actual S car(as in from that 'line' of cars lol). But so far I'm happy with this car. Just wish it was more noticeable and audible when the car was boosting

Old 02-12-2014, 09:47 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by NotMyHemi
I meant an actual S car(as in from that 'line' of cars lol).
Yeah, Audi went all "Robin Thicke" and blurred the lines when they created the "S-Line" as a trim-level. Like putting a RSR-badge on a Cayenne, or something equally stupit. People what the cache, but not the full expense of the high-performance model. But, whatever. It sells cars, and that's pretty much what car manufacturers want to do, for some goofy reason or another.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:02 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Yeah, Audi went all "Robin Thicke" and blurred the lines when they created the "S-Line" as a trim-level. Like putting a RSR-badge on a Cayenne, or something equally stupit. People what the cache, but not the full expense of the high-performance model. But, whatever. It sells cars, and that's pretty much what car manufacturers want to do, for some goofy reason or another.
Mopar does the SRTDesign and Road & Track packages. Basically a tiny bit of extra performance, and some appearance/comfort things SIMILAR to the SRT models. I fell in love with our Charger R/T with R&T package as soon as I sat in the seat. Lots of similarities to the SRT cars, minus the Brembos and the bigger engine and Bilstein suspension.
So yeah, that type of marketing sells cars lol.