Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy it ?? ( long story ..please read! )

Old 07-15-2007, 03:10 AM
1st Gear
Default Should I buy it ?? ( long story ..please read! )

ive been in love with the audi a6 for quite a while now. im 16 years old i have my drivers permit. and i get my license july 26 of this year (2007). ive been searching all over the internet for a6's around 7 or 8 thousand dollars. i found 2 that are close to me. One was a green 98 2.8 with terracotta interrior ( ugly brown ). i wasnt to crazy about that but u kno its the audi i want and i dont have a lot of money to play with so i can deal with that. so my mom and i drive down to an audi dealer and asked them about it. It sold last night. of couse.lol so we asked them if they could look around for a6's around that price range. they said sure .. u kno.the 'used car manager' looked like he was thinking for a second or two and said u know what i have a 2000 a6 4.2 i was like yeah but how much..hes like 8800. that around my price range.. ..but u kno u can almost ALWAYS bring them down. he calld oveor one of the sales man and said show them 'mr browns' white 4.2 a6 in the back behind the service center. ( apparently mr brown is a well known customer to them, since he refered to him as mr brown and no 'that white a6' lol u know what i mean..before we went back the manager told us that the car had a few flaws in the back bumper on teh side ..and it was an attempted theft. my mom and i both looked at each other and were like well idk.. i said uhmm ATTEMPTED theft ? he said yeah. so the salesman brought us back to look at it.. i picked it out of the many cars that were back there.i said this is it isnt it.. hes like why yes it is..lol ok what im trying to get at is.. the drivers side door keyhole was completely taken out. and a huge gouge around that area. onon the back bumper there is a large scuff mark.. or traded paint i guess.. like he was parallel parked and the car behind him was pulling out and swiped up against it. im guessing. not that big of a deal. the front bumper onn the left side was pulled away from the rest about a 3/4 inch crack. again not really a big deal but will be needing fixing. the car was extremely dirty. even tho i knew what the wheels looked like someone who didnt wouldnt be able to tell what they look like they were so dirty. if u kno what i mean. they are the five spoke wheels with the large thick spokes. the salesman told us that all of the flaws on the car would be fixed.and the door panel would be replaced. 8800 seemed like an excellent deal. it has 98 thousand miles. supposedly.. we werent allowed to go inside or take a test drive or anything until thats stuff was all fixed... my mom called the dealer on friday night and asked if the car would be ready by saturday morning like he said it would be.. he said no it should be ready monday or tuesday of this coming week. we sadi ok.. and he said the final price is 7900$ i was like holy sh*t!.. my question to u guys is do you think this is a damn good deal or is it too good to be true and the cars a lemon..should buy it... afterrrr i test drive it on monday or tuesday of this week. thanks so much in advance ill definately post of i find out any more.

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?i...071912ajb8.jpg

Old 07-15-2007, 03:23 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Should I buy it ?? ( long story ..please read! )

At 17 years of age an eight year old Audi will bankrupt you, especialy an attempted theft.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:58 AM
1st Gear

why..and why especially attempted theft ?

Old 07-15-2007, 09:34 AM
3rd Gear

I would tell you not to buy it because it would be a very bad financial decision. Your social life would be over, your finances would be depleted, and your legs would get sick of walking to Pizza Hut to try to pay for this 8k dollar car sitting in your driveway that has a bad (____) and you can't afford it. But knowing you are 16 and if you are at all like me at 16, then you will ignore any logical advice and just do what you want anyways. I would first ask the dealer if the timing belt has been changed. If not, you will need to save your pennies for a timing belt job. Do a search and you will find any answers you want to know about it. Other than that, the car will only need the normal German car maintinence items. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that the V8s have a tb or a chain.

As far as everyone at the dealer knowing Mr. Browns car, they probably have a bet going on as to who can sell that pos first. Maybe they own it since Mr. Brown couldn't pay his last repair bill. Maybe it's a lemon and they all know the car from the years of Mr. Brown bringing it in for yet some more work. I'm kidding, I'm sure it is a nice car, thats what makes and Audi and Audi, they are all nice cars and they are built well. After 10 years you can get into one and still be amazed at how well it was put together. The crisp sound the door makes as it's shutting. Just don't shut that door too hard, you don't want the car falling off those jack stands.

Best of luck, buy a Mazda

Jeff

Old 07-15-2007, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

I agree 100%

Rule of thumb when buying the average used car,you need to have $1,500 extra laying around for repairs.
But a used german car....2-3K... All the parts are close to double the average used jap and american cars. So repair bills twice the size, Only 1/4 of the mechanics out there even know how to work on them. And they all charge an arm and a leg for repairs.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:12 PM
1st Gear

Listen to what everyone is saying because they are right. Unless your pockets are pretty deep that car will break you. I have a 2000 A6 2.7 and I've probably had about $9000 in repairs over the last 6 months. Thank God for an aftermarket warranty. I still spent about $1000. Turn and run from that car. You could very easily run into $7900 in repairs alone over the first year.Good luck.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

Unless you have extra $ and can DIY everything....

Old 07-15-2007, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

DON'T buy that car! I'm in the business (sales manager) and if you are not allowed to look at a car that the dealer owns, he's hiding somethings from you. Besides, that price is $2000 too high for that car.

I agree with everyone else, buy a Focus or other small common car. You will be spending THOUSANDS on this car.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:21 PM
1st Gear

For first car I would recommend a used civic, i know its a world apart from that Audi but damn is that car reliable. Believe me dude, my first civic, put 30k miles in the first year and never had to do nothing but change oil (sometimes even forgot ha!) and put regular gasoline, and i reckon i really treated that car badly since the missing horsepower i made from reving to 8k rpms lol..oh when i was younger [:'(]Buy a Civic, get a job, save lots of cash, buy a lower mileage Audi

Old 07-15-2007, 07:15 PM
1st Gear

i wouldnt buy that from them,i would go on autotrader.com and look some more,sometimes they have 98 a6's for the same price and with far less mileage

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I buy it ?? ( long story ..please read! )