Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Default Should I get Bluetooth?

Hey guys, I'm going to buy an Audi and was wondering if I should get Bluetooth installed into it. Have there been any known problems with the Bluetooth kits that are installed in the Audi's. How is the quality on these? Can all Bluetooth phones be synced up with the cars? Can someone give me the details on the actual process itself like where the controls are for answering and dialing calls? Anything else I can do with the Bluetooth part of it besides just using my phone over my system?

Old 04-26-2005, 01:18 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Should I get Bluetooth?

I am starting to do research on this right now. I'll post anything I find...let me know if you have found out anything so far.
cheers...

Old 05-10-2005, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

My only experience with bluetooth in an audi is in the new A8 with MMI. Here the bluetooth phone feature is very very nice. It works with just about any cell with bluetooth. I had my Motorola V551 handy and it immediately found the audi MMI. After entering a personal pin number, I was able to make phone calls with ease using the steering wheel controls and the MMI dial. Unfortunately the quality of the phone conversation was not that great. Basically it'll sound like you are on speaker phone and any noise in the cabin will be heard. Also, I am supposed to be able to upload my phone book from my phone to the car and I was not able to figure that out. It may be that I just needed to read the manual to get the process down. Is it worth getting MMI? In my opinion I think the MMi system is far superior to what BMW and MB have. It's very intuitive and the added feature of bluetooth is welcome.

I'm not familiar with any other bluetooth package that you buy separately and if you buy the A6 new I would certainly recommend getting MMI. I wouldn't however recommmend getting the cradle. Basically they are charging you another $150 or so for a phone charger (though it also allows the phone to use the car's entire antenna system to improve reception-that may help with call quality). My cell phone came with one free. I think I'll use that. It would have been nice if the audi's bluetooth had sync'd up with a handset installed in the center console that would hopefully improve the phone quality. None is available. Ok that's my 2 cents.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

My reccomendation is for you to try the Parrot steering wheel control aftermarket setup (http://www.hfvt.com/content/page/cat...61/SW101C.html.) Your phone convo quality willbe much better(Parrot noise reduction and echo cancellation is second to none.) It looks just like the factory install when done.(nothing mounted on thedash and completephone access through your steering wheel controls.?and easy to remove if you trade or sell the car. (with our integration is for the most part plug and play with the harnesses we provide) The best part is this setup can be upgraded for the latest firmware to ensure maximum compatibilty withall new phones. From all of the Audi's I and many of my installers have equipped with this integration, it is my knowledge that this is cheaper and a higher quality than the factory bluetooth option

best of luck

Chris

[/align]

Old 08-07-2007, 12:17 PM
1st Gear

I have a bluetooth Hookup in my 99 Audi A6 and absolutly love it. I have an LG Phonei dont know the model number. But what happens is when you recieve a call it rings threw the speakers so you no you have a call. Then you just push the Blue button and your on the phone. I can also do voice commands to my phone I.E. I push a button on the side of my phone. The phone then says please say a command. And from there I can say a name from someone in my phonebook. Or i can say numbers like 111-000-5555 and it will dial that number. Very handy! If you would like pics just ask!

Old 08-08-2007, 04:37 PM
1st Gear

Hey, i would like pictures retard riot 686. And, overall, do you like the whole setup coz i was thinking about just buying the audi dvd navigation (RND-E or D). DOes that RNS have that capability? And, what if i don't have the steering wheel controls on my A6. Does that mean, im going to need to buy a different steering wheel with the controls for it?

Old 08-11-2007, 12:06 AM
1st Gear

Sorry Audi boy i was away on a small vaca yeah ill get pics to you tommorrow for sure