AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   Sirius radio "Linking" (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/sirius-radio-linking-189991/)

Zeke13 12-09-2016 09:59 AM

Had to replace receiver, no problems since

The note below describes how I finally fixed the problem.

Originally Posted by Zeke13 (Post 1472713)
I also replaced the Sirius receiver unit. It took 2 different ones to solve the problem, so I would be sure to get one that is tested and said to be working. If you go to the Audi parts dealer with your VIN #, they will tell you what radios will work in your car, Mine was a B (first generation), but a D and N would work as well.

Lalco Tea 02-11-2019 04:32 PM

I just purchased a pre-owned 2015 Q3 (I'n in Montreal, Canada) and Sirius radio was working just fine in the first week, then following freezing rain it created the dreaded "LINKING" error message constantly ever since. I called the dealer and they said they have seen this problem in 20% of the Q3's that were brought in recently. It is either a wiring problem with the module or an antenna issue. They will run diagnostics to confirm. They will then have to order the parts and hopefully this will resolve the issue. Should I be getting a new Sirius receiver module?

Lalco Tea 02-12-2019 12:25 PM

Was at the dealer today - they couldn't do a quick diagnostic, said they needed more time (3-4hrs). Great, now I have a loaner. Fingers crossed that have answers.

Lalco Tea 02-15-2019 11:48 AM

The dealer performed the diagnosis and in the end changed the antenna and the wiring harness to the module. Apparently, the original wire harness often failed and they are replacing them with a more sturdy version. Since my car is dark blue, it had a painted black antenna and they had those in stock. All done same day, under warranty. Drove home Monday night with my Sirius blasting. Today is Friday and it has been working without issue all week. Hopefully this is a long-term fix.

AudiBubba777 03-25-2019 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Zeke13 (Post 1463506)
Have still not fixed this problem and here is what I have done to date;
1.) Had MMI checked and am running the most recent update.
2.) Bought aftermarket antenna to eliminate the shark fin as possible cause. No change.
3.) Finally bought replacement receiver off ebay and installed it. It worked flawlessly for 2 days and then the problem started happening again. I was so pumped when it was working. Thought I nailed it! No dice.
It just makes no sense to me that it will work perfectly for extended periods and switch to "Linking" mode 90% of the time beyond that. If anyone has isolated this problem, please let us know what we need to do. I want my Satellite radio!
Thanks,

Got the same ‘linking’ problem that began in early Feb 2019... initially thought it was related to XM or T Mobile subscription renewal or services performed by Dealer for passenger air bag recall or GMP Stage 2+ install.... reading thru this thread to see if you guys got a fix..... ive got a 2014 A6

Lalco Tea 03-26-2019 05:19 PM

My Q3 "linking" problem resolved

Originally Posted by AudiBubba777 (Post 1522531)
Got the same ‘linking’ problem that began in early Feb 2019... initially thought it was related to XM or T Mobile subscription renewal or services performed by Dealer for passenger air bag recall or GMP Stage 2+ install.... reading thru this thread to see if you guys got a fix..... ive got a 2014 A6

Linking error has not reoccured once since the dealer fixed it back in Feb (see my previous posts for fix)

Jeff Sanders 04-30-2020 10:28 PM

I would like to try the cd how can I get a copy