Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sometimes stalling/refusing to start

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Default sometimes stalling/refusing to start

Hi, I have an A6 1.9TDI year 99 and lately its refused to start in the mornings and also broke down on the motorway once.... When I turn the ignition on, all lights except the glow plug lights come on and it refuses to start... If I leave it for a few minutes the lights come on and it starts fine.... Dealer has since replaced the glowplugs and Relay J109 but the problem has happened again....

I think it may be some other relay.... The last time it stopped I heard a little 'click' some from the fuse area and it happens more in the mornings

Maybe its the main power relay?

The dealer said the dash system is failing and stopping them from accessing the cars computers/electronics with the diagnostic tools and also causing the car to not start sometimes.... Costing 500 euro to replace

Well.... New dash later and still not fixed, I really think these guys in Audi dont have a clue! I'm sure its some relay problem but they wont listen! I'm gonna lash out on Monday haha