Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strange noise

Old 08-06-2008, 12:55 PM
2nd Gear
Default strange noise

I just put brembro slotted and drilled front and rear rotors on my car about 2 months ago and ever since ive developed a clicking sound similar to a kid riding his bike with a baseball card in his wheel clicking on the spokes. I know it is not the pads or the rotors because i put my car on the lift and had my friend accelerate and it is coming from both rear wheels ... when i push the whole caliper up towards the roof of my car the sound goes away... this sound only occurs at 25+mph ... i know it isnt the rotors or pads because when i apply the brake the noice would go away

i cant figure it out for the life of me but it is real anoying esp goin about 90 down the highway ... anyone ever had this happen ... its wierd its on both rear wheels

also my one rear rim has a dent in it initially i thought it was this but its comings from both rear wheels ??? help/thanks

Old 08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
2nd Gear

I just put brembro slotted and drilled front and rear rotors on my car about 2 months ago and ever since ive developed a clicking sound similar to a kid riding his bike with a baseball card in his wheel clicking on the spokes. I know it is not the pads or the rotors because i put my car on the lift and had my friend accelerate and it is coming from both rear wheels ... when i push the whole caliper up towards the roof of my car the sound goes away... this sound only occurs at 25+mph ... i know it isnt the rotors or pads because when i apply the brake the noice would go away

i cant figure it out for the life of me but it is real anoying esp goin about 90 down the highway ... anyone ever had this happen ... its wierd its on both rear wheels

also my one rear rim has a dent in it initially i thought it was this but its comings from both rear wheels ??? help/thanks

Old 08-06-2008, 01:09 PM
3rd Gear

I'd bet that your pads are slightly loose in the calipers and ratteling. The sound would stop when you apply the brake and when you put a strain on the caliper.

PS the dent in your rim has nothing to do with the noise...

Old 08-06-2008, 02:42 PM
1st Gear

Dude, did you take your car in for the fuel recall? Some people who did have this exact same symptom.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:52 AM
2nd Gear

no i didnt take it in ... well i kno that when i push on my brakes the noise does no go away

coors u think i should take it to the dealer ... don rosen or which dealer do u use ...

PS how are the piggies workin out for you