Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension and Warranty Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:30 PM
1st Gear
Default Suspension and Warranty Questions

My warranty is about to expire in my 04 A6 SLine and I'm trying to determine if there is a problem with the suspension in the car. Since I purchased that vehicle last month, I've been trying to characterize some "play" in the suspension that is mostly noticed when going over small bumps while at cruising speeds. The car seems to shift a little when hitting a bump (bump meaning a manhole cover or a blemish in the road).It's like the car wiggles or slides horizontally whenhitting a sharp, but small,bumpor item. There is not a sense that control is being lost, it's just give a slight uneasy feeling that does not seem characteristic of a car of this stature.

I've read many of the threads on ball joints, control arms, and other suspension issues. Some of the threads suggest a similar problem, but much of the discussion I've seemspertains to additional or other problems like noises and clunks. To my knowledge, my suspension is not making any abnormal sounds. Also, there is limited discussion regarding what a factory warranty might cover in the suspension.

Tomorrow I have one lastshot to havemy warranty cover any problems with this car.My car has 49890miles on it and I'm concerned when I bring this issue up that a dealer is going to say either 1) nothing is wrong or 2) the suspension is showing wear but it is not abnormal nor are any repairs warranted. Are there specific problems that I can refer to in order to ask pointed questions back to the dealer?Are there thresholds for suspension wear that trigger warrantied repairs or is this purely at the discretion of the dealer?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.