Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing Belt

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 01:05 AM
1st Gear
Default Timing Belt

So after 115,000 miles and a grand later decided Timing Belt should finally be done hahaha. I just got the whole Belt package (water pump, tensioners etc...) and CV-Boots replaced for 1,000 is that a steal or what!?

Old 12-22-2007, 02:35 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Timing Belt

Damn, you were really pushing your luck there with the mileage.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:05 AM
1st Gear

that is a steel, where did you get it done?

[/align]

Old 12-22-2007, 11:00 AM
1st Gear

Hahaha yeah i no it was pretty nuts just glad its over now hahha. And i got it done in Jersey

Old 12-22-2007, 11:15 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: Retard Riot 686

Hahaha yeah i no it was pretty nuts just glad its over now hahha. And i got it done in Jersey
Everyday for the past.... what? 50,000 miles? Were you asking yourself if today is the day that my timing belt snaps or my water pump seizes up? What was the ritual/prayer you used before starting the car everyday?

BTW, haven't you heard of: if it ain't broke, don't fix it? Preventative maintenance... what's that? It must feel wierd to you (almost like getting a new car) knowing that today you can get to point B without a wing and a prayer.

Hopefully Tony Soprano's Fiat/Audi shop did a good job on the service so you can make it to 300,000 miles before you think about another T/B job.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:47 PM

Everyday for the past.... what? 50,000 miles? Were you asking yourself if today is the day that my timing belt snaps or my water pump seizes up? What was the ritual/prayer you used before starting the car everyday?

BTW, haven't you heard of: if it ain't broke, don't fix it? Preventative maintenance... what's that? It must feel wierd to you (almost like getting a new car) knowing that today you can get to point B without a wing and a prayer.

Hopefully Tony Soprano's Fiat/Audi shop did a good job on the service so you can make it to 300,000 miles before you think about another T/B job.
Wow. Just felt like beating him over the head for it? Geez, audi itself recommends 110,000 so he's technically not that far overdue. And these belts, tensioners and water pumps are not quite as delicate as people seem to think. Yes, you should err on the side of caution but the 65k mark everyone is replacing these at is a bit much.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:18 PM
1st Gear

I knew u guys would say that hahaha. Yeah i thought i would just share that i am pretty lucky lol

Old 12-22-2007, 10:19 PM
1st Gear

And the reason it was so cheap was cause my uncle is a Mech so when he finally had time to do it he took it.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:30 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Hey RR, I hope you know I'm just having a littel fun at your expense. I wish I could go that far before getting mine done, because I definitely don't feel like spending all that $$$ for a thermostat, waterpump, belt etc. Not the sexiest purchase you can make. I plan on chipping, getting some paintless dent removal done, and maybe a small brake upgrade. If I play it smart, I get the t/b service done first. That takes some discipline. Luckily, my mechanic quoted me around a grand too.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:06 AM

And once again I spoke to soon and will need the official forum tool to remove my foot from my mouth. Sorry about that.

Quick Reply: Timing Belt