Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tiny Sunglasses Compartment

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 06:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Tiny Sunglasses Compartment

I have a 2005 A6. Do other folks find the sunglasses compartment in the overhead console absurdly small? I have checked a number of other cars and haven't seen this problem. Not even in the Hyundai Sonata. I thought maybe Volkswagens, being in the family, might share this design feature, but the compartment i checked on a new Jetta or Passat was of reasonable size. It sounds like a petty complain, but fortunately, it's the worst thing I have to say about my car. Is there a good channel to get such gripes back to Audi. I certainly don't expect future designs to change because of MY complaint, but it would nice to have some channel to the company.

A more significant issue that might keep me out of future Audis is the news that we will no longer be offered a choice of factory-installed satellite radios. It's Sirius or nothing, which was already the case with BMW and Mercedes-Benz. If I had to get a 2007, this would drive me to Infiniti or Lexus,which still offer a choice, as far as I know. Since what usually listen to on the XM radio in my A6 is major league baseball, I consider this cost-cutting move a "Sirius" mistake.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Default RE: Tiny Sunglasses Compartment

I heard they are considering putting hair spray and eye liner next to that holder, be serious man/girl

Old 09-20-2006, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

I just picked up my 2006 A6 on Saturday, and was pretty shocked how small the compartment was too. I couldn't even fit a pair of reading glasses in there, let alone my Ray Bans. Us Germanic folk are not usually small, so I don't know what Audi AG was thinking. Odd. Besides that I LOVE my car. I still can't get over how amazing the interior layout is.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:18 PM

reading glasses mate them very narrow glasses, totally useless of course

Old 09-21-2006, 01:10 AM
2nd Gear

what compartment is that? i dont think i have one at all

Old 09-21-2006, 06:33 AM
1st Gear

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. Medium-sized aviator-style glasses will just barely fit if I am quite precise when putting them in. It's not an essential feature, of course, but if it's present, it might as well be implemented in a more useful way. Just a quarter-inch (6 mm for those folks with an orderly measurement system) would have helped quite a bit. I may indeed go to a smaller lens when I get new glasses. The interior is in all other aspects superb, in my opinion.

This compartment may not be present in the 2003 car, as that was the previous generation of A6. The 2005 was the first of the current generation.