Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tips and suggestions for the new 2.7t owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Default RE: tips and suggestions for the new 2.7t owner

i am looking to buy a A6 2002 2.7 TURBO at 35,000 miles...is this car any good...am i going to run into problems? i had a 98 A6 2.8 AND the engine was gone at 190,000 but i repaired a lot during the time i had it...

Old 11-08-2007, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

The Vast Down pipes are as good as they get..I have seen several people with them and there dose not seem to be any issues. I have the V8 version on my car and I saw 15hp increase..that is on a V8 N/A car you should expect to see twice as much on a turbo car

Old 11-14-2007, 12:34 PM
1st Gear

First of all this thread is awesome! much thanks to twinturbomew and crew for your good questions and keeping this thread alive.

My question for you'all goes:

I am currently looking to purchase an A6 2.7T @90K. The cost of the maintenence is daunting...and the dealer is already changing the timing belt because of ticking noises.

I just want my car to drive reliably... i am not looking to chip-it and really just want to use it as a comfortable commuter car since i fit in it well and enjoy the interior. should i still look into piggies??? replacement turbos?? I have drastically changed my driving style to non aggressive and try to drive in a way that preserves the car.. the engine and breaks. I am talking to the mechanic and based on what i've read here should i still hit him with the following check-up list?see below...

Replace Timing Belt along with the belt tensioner, water pump, pullies(?)and serp belt.
Check/replace The Oxyegen Sensors
Check Front Suspension Tie Rods/Control Rods
Replace Fuel Filter
Check vacuum Hoses
Check Turbos for Signs of Failure – or replace turbos!!
Check Temp Sender for update (should be green)
Check cv Joints/boots
Check breaks and rotors
Replace Fuel Filter
Check vacuum Hoses
Check cv Joints/boots
Check breaks and rotors
[ol][/ol]
Would what would you add? what would you remove!? this is alot of money for me to shell-out for a car that hasn't even left the lot.

Little help

Thanks!

Old 11-15-2007, 04:20 PM
1st Gear

Also the temp sender should be green what does that mean? My mechanic doesn’t know what I am talking about.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Teutonic2.7T

First of all this thread is awesome! much thanks to twinturbomew and crew for your good questions and keeping this thread alive.

My question for you'all goes:

I am currently looking to purchase an A6 2.7T @90K. The cost of the maintenence is daunting...and the dealer is already changing the timing belt because of ticking noises.

I just want my car to drive reliably... i am not looking to chip-it and really just want to use it as a comfortable commuter car since i fit in it well and enjoy the interior. should i still look into piggies??? replacement turbos?? I have drastically changed my driving style to non aggressive and try to drive in a way that preserves the car.. the engine and breaks. I am talking to the mechanic and based on what i've read here should i still hit him with the following check-up list?see below...

Replace Timing Belt along with the belt tensioner, water pump, pullies(?)and serp belt.
Replace Fuel Filter
Check vacuum Hoses
Check cv Joints/boots
Check breaks and rotors
Replace Fuel Filter
Check vacuum Hoses
Check cv Joints/boots
Check breaks and rotors
[ol][/ol]

Would what would you add? what would you remove!? this is alot of money for me to shell-out for a car that hasn't even left the lot.

Little help

Thanks!

I bought my 01 a6 with 90k myself, the timing belt was changed at 80k. If i were you just have a mechanic look it over, and see what he says. Most of the things on your list should stand out to you, i wouldnt replace anything unless it needs replacing, since parts and labor add up quickly...I've been slowly changing things as they come up and theres been no major problems as long as you drive the car respectable like you plan to do.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:19 PM
1st Gear

yea, i presented the mech. with a list & he almost lost it!

but in the end everything worked out... i got the timing belt and assoc. parts replaced along with the water pump.. also the serp., rear breaks, fuel filter, oil change, spark plugs. things are going good so far... except the driver's seat switch stopped working....

Old 12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
1st Gear

also... all this chipping talk is begining to convinceme. if things go well i might consider it in the summer... not trying tobe a racer, but more hp onthe take-offwouldn't be a bad thing.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

you will absolutly love the chip. I did the chip,DV's and gutted the pre cats and its night and day. When you need the power you have it on hand!!

Old 12-14-2007, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

yo krelly what part of CT are you in? im working in CT now so im around the way. where did you get the chip? wheredo you take your car for service?alsohow did you gut the pre cats?

i was gonna get the chip, DV's andget some piggies.... but don't know of a reliable shop to get them done.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

Do those of you that take your vehicles in to a mechanic use an audi dealership or do you take it to aregular foreign car mechanic? I know of two mechanics, one near my house, and one near my wife's work that specialize in european cars (audi, bmw, saab, volvo, etc).

Quick Reply: tips and suggestions for the new 2.7t owner