Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tiptronic slip out of park???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 02:53 AM
Default Tiptronic slip out of park???

I'm new to the world of Audi. I just bought a '98 A6Q with the Tiptronic. I picked it up cheap from a used car dealer and I have no idea what the history is on the vehicle. I'm taking it to a Audi dealer for an inspection next week.

Something strange happened last night. I had parked about 5 feet from my garage. This morning, the car was about 25 feet from the garage and the trunk was open. My driveway has a slight incline. I may have popped the trunk last night while I was cleaning the grime from the switchblade, but why had the car moved???

The car runs and drives great. It has 90,000 miles. The most trouble I've had is the Coke the previous owner spilled down the stereo and climate controls (most of the interior is in this condition - the previous owner had no pride in the car). When it's cold, the buttons stick together rendering the whole system useless until warmed up. I'm cleaning that stuff tomorrow.

Has anyone ever heard of a transmission slipping while in park? The car was still locked and nothing seemed out of place.

My wife thought I was losing it until she saw the car almost in the street. Until I can figure it out, I'll set the E-brake every time I park.

Please help if you have any insight....