Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A tribute to all of you and our cars!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Talking A tribute to all of you and our cars!!!!!

I felt the need to voice my thoughts... I have owned 4 cars in my life, my Audi and 3 flippidy, flappidy, constantly breaking, rusting and falling apart GM slush mobiles! This audi has been such a joy to own and work on, although some projects make you wonder what those crazy Germans were thinking however suffice it to say eventually you realize there is a very good reason for everything.

I have never been so dedicated to caring for and maintaining any car as much as I have my A6, Same goes for A4's of course Everyone in this forum has been so helpful in maintaing my baby which just crossed 200k miles w/ minimal problems...(knock on a big wood).

If its possible I would just like to take some time for all of us to discuss why we are so passionate about our machines in comparrison to most other people.

I dont know about all of you but before this car I barely understood what a timing belt, coil pack or torque converter even was!!! now 2 years later I am confident I'd be able to rebuild the engine if I had to, I know every component inside and out.

I know this thread is kinda deep and out of nowhere but lets face the truth, Dont forget why we are all together in this forum!

Thanks again everyone!!!!

Keep this thread going please!

Old 05-27-2010, 04:38 PM
3rd Gear

I love mine because it is the perfect combination of powerful sports car and family car. Let's see: seats 5, AWD, 318hp, turbo, and a six-speed. Looks great, especially with the RS4 rims. Everything I wanted in a car. I've also been fortunate over 170k miles to have few problems, with most of my driving being on the highway and all maintenance performed as required. I intend to be driving her well into the future, since I have seen nothing out there that makes me want to replace her. Not even a newer A6, because of the automatic trannys.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:07 PM

really?? the new ones dont come with straight manual transmissions as an option??

Old 05-27-2010, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

A long time ago, I made a decision that was pivotal to the direction of my career...I chose to pursue VW/Audi as my parts specialty over Volvo. Old, RWD Volvos have been my passion for over 20yrs. I picked VWaG primarily because the parts system came easier to me...but also because the boxy ol' Volvos were something I could still enjoy after hours, without thinking about work. To me, Volvo 240s were nothing more than a classic, front engine/RWD platform that was born to be modded. I'm not gonna lie to you...I miss driving my 245 despite it's outright lack of comfort.

So now I'm driving this Jaspis Avant and liking it a lot! This car is just a pleasure to drive, plain and simple. I took it on a 350mi roadtrip this past weekend and enjoyed every minute behind the wheel. I also slept in it for the 1st time...so it's officially broken in. My kids really like it too...but they will learn to "respect the lago leather".(yea, I see rear seat covers in my future). Believe it or not, the Avant gets about the same city MPGs as my Volvo 240 wagon did...although the Volvo didn't require 91oct min.. My plan is to hold onto this car for 2-3yrs...I just hope that the car and my wallet are up to the task.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 PM
3rd Gear

I think only the S6s and RS6s come with the MT6. All 3.2s that I have seen are automatics. But I could be wrong.