Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgradin wheels/wheel weights

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 02:30 AM
1st Gear
Default Upgrades, Chip/DPs/Wheels for now.

Hey I JUST joined the Audi owner club! Bought a SUPER well maintained 2001 A6 2.7t tippy Quattro. Having all of the dealer maintenance and warranty repairs in the glove box helped my decision heh.

Mine came with the 16" 215/55s which frankly just look so small on this car....so Im looking to replace them with 18 235/40s[seems to be the best fit for minimal speedo error].

Im looking for the original weight of the stock rims as this will be a factor in my decision for upgrading as Id like to keep from adding to much extra unsprung weight. Thanks in advance for any info and suggestions on that!

This + the VAST piggy downpipes[replacing the O2 sensors while IM at it to be safe] are my first upgrades to this car. Im trying to go best bang for the buck and keep everything as "low impact" as possible on both the car and my pocket book. Low cost high return upgrades that wont put any undue stress on the mechanicals. Probably chipping it after the pipes/wheels ..at this point it looks like Ill be arround 320-330hp and 370lbs+ torque ....frankly...thats enough imo. Everything else will be mild cosmetics. Id like to do the new look bumpers/grills/hood[the big smiley looks so good] and rs6 sides...maybe mildly larger fender flairs...some tinting[as much as is legal in Houston Texas]. All of this arround of course the normal maintenance and repairs I may be needing to do heh.

Sorry...went on abit...KINDA REALLY HAPPY with this purchase...havent had a good luxo performace car at thsi level in QUITE some time!

Last edited by Mikael116; 03-13-2012 at 03:42 AM. Reason: ...damned research...
Old 03-13-2012, 03:41 AM
1st Gear

HMMMMM.....to add to this...

Im doing JUST the stage 1 chip from APR. I liked the looks of the power delivery ...seemed smooth and like it would ENHANCE the daily driving experience instead of radically modifying it. Also of course the piggy DPs...rough guestimate should gain roughly 80-90HP and 130ish lbs of torque.

Everything I can find says this SHOULD be fine on my stock Tip tranny. Im also considering the GIAC Tip chip.

Anyone have any experience with it? Again Im ultimately looking for an enhanced daily driving experience and the ability to surprise people from time to time on an otherwise daily driver.

Any other mild mods someone would recomend along these lines and with this goal in mind?