Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VAG COM CABLE FROM EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM
1st Gear
Default VAG COM CABLE FROM EBAY

I want to buy this VAG COM cable from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USB-K...spagenameZWDVW

I also got the VAG COM 409.1 software recently, I wanted to know if this cable is the same one "they" use to do thing such as reset airbag lights and such.. Will this cable work with the VAG COM cable. Is it good, same as say the ones for $100+ from the ross tech site.

Thanks

Old 03-31-2008, 01:04 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: VAG COM CABLE FROM EBAY

yes it will work they will send you a way to crack the vagcom program with the ebay cable... you can only use the 409 software with the ebay cable not the newer releases and also you need to buy they 100 dollar licence to vagcom from rosstech in order to get total functionality of the program

Old 03-31-2008, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: joetm

yes it will work they will send you a way to crack the vagcom program with the ebay cable... you can only use the 409 software with the ebay cable not the newer releases and also you need to buy they 100 dollar licence to vagcom from rosstech in order to get total functionality of the program
+1 I bought the same cable from the same vendor. The cable works but you still need the actual license to do major functions, although with just the cable alone you can still check codes just fine and re-code the trans. or central locking.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:54 PM
2nd Gear

Can you point me to instructions for re-coding the transmission and adding a new remote control key?
TIA.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:30 PM
1st Gear

Please refrain from thread jacking and use the search button.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:35 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Asianicestyles

Please refrain from thread jacking and use the search button.

what r u talking about?

Old 03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear

here is the thread for the recode its like the 2nd or 3rd post down

https://www.audiforums.com/m_826204/tm.htm

enjoy

also if you have an sline or allroad it should be 01032

regular a6 2.7s n 4.2s are 00032

Old 03-31-2008, 10:03 PM
1st Gear

can you guys point me to where i should start, like some manual, diy or something.. or some alternate programs i should use with my cable when i get it. first i want to reset airbag light and then do the open/close windows with remote mod.. where do i start..

thanks

Old 03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
1st Gear

If you have any other cars I would Highly suggest buying the license, because with out it there is not much you can actually do.

On the plus side if you want to control your windows with your remote this will help you http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec36.shtml if you haven't already checked out Audi world you really should there is a lot of good info and DIYs on there as well.

Also a note, when you do get your cable make sure you remember which port you have pluged the cable into on your laptop. I had problems with this as well, If you plug your cable into say port one, on your laptop besure to select COM 1 on the vag com options and then go and test the connection.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

what do i do.. i installed the software they gave me. its "vag com -release 409.1". my laptop doesnt seem to read the car.. i installed drivers allso but i cant do anything in the program just a bunch of errors

Quick Reply: VAG COM CABLE FROM EBAY