Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vag-Com, Rosstech or alternative

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Default Vag-Com, Rosstech or alternative

I'm trying to educate myself about the VAG COM and vehicle data. I have an '02 4.2L. I'm interested in having the ability to read and cancel fault codes, and perhaps to try the sport trans setting. However, I don't anticipate doing modifications that might require tweeking of fuel trims or other more complex tuning operations.

My hunch is that the cheaper (geniscan, autel, etc) code readersare just that, readers that can't do anything other than provide a clearer reference for some of the idiot lights. Is this the case?

I'm thinking that I may as well get the GIAC tip-chip if I have to drop a couple hundred bucks to get the full VAG sweet to make that adjustment, and that the cheaper diagnostic tools would otherwise suffice.
Any advice?
Thanks

Old 03-26-2007, 06:09 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Vag-Com, Rosstech or alternative

stay with rosstech gear theres no argument then, do what i done, got vag leads from somewhere for £15 and done search on bit torrent network for software with crack, works fine and no probs and dam sight cheaper that forking out directly from rosstech