Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.

What to do...K03 or K04?

Old 11-19-2009, 11:27 AM

Ok, that sounds like pretty good advice. The more i look into it and the more i price things out, i agree completely that stock (or close to stock) is the way to go. I have found a set of rebuilt K03s for roughly $750 and all the other options are closer to $2500-4000 before installation costs.
And for the piggies, i was planning on doing that work myself, so the only costs would be taking care of the O2 issues that are prone to follow. But if you are saying its not going to increase my MPG or HP, then i wont bother with them.
I guess the next goal to reach for is the ECU chip. Ive read that the APR is the less aggressive and more reliable so i am leaning that way. Should i also get the Tranny chip to handle the ECU chip?

Old 06-13-2019, 07:19 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Audi 2000 a6 2.7T View Post
when changing my oil last night i pulled the intercooler hose to notice about 2-3 oz of oil pouring out. I just bought the car and it looks like the oil hasnt been changed for 10k+. My first inclination is that the turbo is on its quick decent into the scrap-pile. (he other turbo is clean with no signs of oil fly-by.) I know to replace the turbos in pairs.
But now to my questions..

What should i expect to pay when the K03s finally blow? Ive got an installation quote of 1400 but havent been able to find a set of NEW K03s. (any good dealers or websites?)

Also, after looking through the forums, it seems i will be paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $6-7k to do the K04 upgrade correctly. Any thoughts?

I use my A6 as a daily driver and some HP gain will be nice, but i doubt i will keep this car for more than another 50k miles. What do you guys recommend?
thanks.

Hey!!! Sorry i kno this post was from 2008. Im just wonder what did you end up doing in the end??? Lol i hope ur answer isnt further down and i missed it im just kinda looking to talk to someone whoes been threw this crap before expensive *** audi parts jesusss. Did you go with a real borg warner k03 or k04? I dont know what to do atm. I can buy aftermarket k03 or k04 600 for a pair or aftermarket rebuild kits for 50$ or wait for the real borg warner kit to come in stock for 150... I dont kno!!! I dont kno what to do!! Im kinda hoping ull tell me u ran some cheaper aftermarket turbos and they ran well but.... Its 2004 2.7l twin turbo sline nice car.... I also found out u cant beat it all the way home then shut it down u gotta let it coolor the oil sits in it and burns n cakes inside turbo. Interestttingggg anyways thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.