Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats it worth?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:41 PM
1st Gear
Default Whats it worth?

Looking to hop into a 04 s4 which means i must part ways with the 2.7t
Its Dark Blue with black leather and dark wood grain trim
00 w/
6 spd b&m short throw
apr 93
k04's
bi-pipe
snub mount
k&n lifetime air
diverter valves
i have 6 of the rs4 reps size 18's
2 just rims in rough shape so i replaced em will include though
4 stock a6 rims mounted with studded snows
all service records
belt and all done at 135
cars got 156 on it now

Does have the pixel failure and the back right window needs two new rails because it sticks at times. other then that she's great

Just curious on a good price

Last edited by Jerry 77; 01-27-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:21 AM
1st Gear

Get the price from 3 sites then divided by 3 to get the fair price
(1) www.edmunds.com
(2) www.nada.com
(3) www.kbb.com

You can also check out the selling price of your model in
cars.com
autotrader.com

Buyers always lowball your options, better to sell them separately if you can.

Last edited by bigdadi; 01-28-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 AM
1st Gear

the kbb and all of those wont include the extra's i have with the car is the problem its in the 4500 range according to the car being totally stock

Old 01-28-2011, 06:15 PM
2nd Gear

The "extras" detract from the resale value of the car, unless you find a real sucker. Everyone knows why you did those mods and what you did to the car after you did them and why you are selling it. Your best option is to lie through your teeth and say "totally stock, babied all the time, never seen snow". Sell the snow tires seperately.

I would say "put it back to stock" but you can't with the turbos. But those are hidden so no one will know. Put the stock shifter back in and sell the short throw.

Good luck,

Bob

Old 01-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Guru

i understand your guys thinking, but you guys are all dumbasses for thinking the way you do and telling him to put it back to stock or lie... or even loose money for selling as "stock"

op.... if kbb says your car is worth x amount for stock, add a few thousand for the upgrades and sell for that... or sell it on an enthusiast forum... might put it on ebay or on cl and make your selling price 7-8k and hope for the lower #

yes i used to sell cars and yes i know that mods/upgrades rarely bring value on trade, but if you traded to say an audi dealer or sold like i said on one of those sites you can get over fair market value for your car

the main issue is going to be that the car is a 10+ yr old car and most lenders won't lend on it anymore so you will have to find someone with cash or emaculate credit.... glws though

sorry for calling you guys idiots but that is my feelings

Old 01-28-2011, 08:52 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

I hate to agree with all of you but the OP says the he NEEDS to part ways with the old 2.7T. A horrible beast of a car. I don't know why anyone would own one. HOWEVER, being the nice guy that I am, if he is willing to pay me a $500 disposal fee, I will travel to wherever he is and take it off his hands and give the beast a proper disposal.

No. Don't try to talk me out of it. I know I'm insane for even suggesting that I undertake such a hazardous duty, but I do have special training. I'm assure you I'm up for the challenge.

In seriousness to the OP, you NEVER, get your money back out of the upgrades you put into your car. Like Bob suggested you will get more out of it if you try to get it back to stock and sell off the upgrades separately. Might even be worth parting out to maximize your intake. Or, like Kraut suggested, you may be able to find a moneybags enthusiast (or someone really gullible) to pay some extra for the upgrades.

Anyways, good luck

Old 01-29-2011, 10:38 AM
1st Gear

Ha theres no need to part ways with this car i just have the desire for something new i honestly love the thing. I was hoping to hear around the 6 or 7 grand mark but i guess thats not in everyones best guesses so i might hold onto it

Old 01-29-2011, 01:49 PM
3rd Gear

Why don't you just advertise it on your local/bi-tri-state area publications with a starting $ 7k and adding "OBO"?
That way you can gauge more realistically how many replies or inquires you get and, based on the offers, you can make up your mind if it's either worth of holding on to it or part ways. Unless you dip your finger in the honey jar, you can't tell how sweet it exactly is.
Or you can keep your fingers immaculate and just hope that reallistically it's worth what you think it's worth.