Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why only C5 here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:48 AM
2nd Gear
Default Why only C5 here?

Hey guys, I have noticed one thing on the A6 forum, that most of us owns or want to own C5. I don't remember seeing a post for C6 platform. Is it because we (C5 owners) are more passionate than C6 owners? or is it something else?? My theory is that 2.7T owners are the ones keeping the threads of this forum alive.

Ever thought of that?

Thanks!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Why only C5 here?

The only thing I can think of is that the 2005 and newer are like $32,000+ and no-turbos. Plus the newer A6's got there grown-man-on.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:24 PM
1st Gear

Gentlemen- I noticed the same thing. For a time I was a prospective purchaser of an '07 A6 (since bought it) and made a few posts, which didn't getmuch response. I do remember one fellow saying this wasa forum for "poor" (his words not mine) owners of used Audi's. Now you're indicating that since the newer C6 models go for $32K plus, we can't post here. WTH. We can enjoy these fine vehciles as much as the next guy, so come on all you C6-ers, let's start posting!

Old 11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
2nd Gear

Bobbya, thats the thing which many don't understand. Some people think that being in these forums are to save extra buck and get cheap fixes, thus belongs to the poor. I won't ever let anyone, apart from the dealer touch my car, but the reason I am here, and I guess most of us here are, because we are passionate about cars. Everyday, I learn more about the car I drive, just being on the forum. It is about understanding your car, and especially German cars,as theyare not American. They are more than a mechanical piece of steel, they are piece of art. It's like falling in love...you want to understand it from inside-out.

So, all C6 owners, please post. We might learn few things about your platform, and one day most us will upgrade to C6. Come-on, whatever, it's still an Audi.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bobbyo

Gentlemen- I noticed the same thing. For a time I was a prospective purchaser of an '07 A6 (since bought it) and made a few posts, which didn't getmuch response. I do remember one fellow saying this wasa forum for "poor" (his words not mine) owners of used Audi's. Now you're indicating that since the newer C6 models go for $32K plus, we can't post here. WTH. We can enjoy these fine vehciles as much as the next guy, so come on all you C6-ers, let's start posting!
I'm just saying that the C6 cost a lot for a used car....I would love to have a C6, but my pockets are not trying to hear it.The C6 are usually still under factor warrantys and if you have a problem, most can take it to the dealer. To be honest with you, if I had a C6 (S-Line of course), I wouldn't want to tune it, there just to nice of a car to tune.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:04 PM
1st Gear

I went to a c6 4.2 loaded to the max and have had much better luck with it than I did with my C5 2.7t. I didn't think I'd buy another Audi after that one. The C6 is treating me more like a reliable Honda. There just isn't much to say about the C6. Biggest things seem to be MMI updates, pretty boring really. The best site for C6 info is, www.audiworld.com .I can't say enough good things about my 2005. It has a much stiffer chassis, 4.2 liter 335HP V8 that returns better mileage than my old 2.7t, (1.5-2 MPG), and does so with more comfort and smoothness then the V6's. The best thing is the reliability thus far. Night and day difference from the C5.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 PM
2nd Gear

Wish they'd post more too, enlighten us on the C6 platform such as the post above.
I personally could afford a C6 and chose not to because I don't like its shape, too common too japanese looking, too boringIMO and NO TURBOS! PLus it is even porkier than ou C5;s!! Audi has to start building lighter cars! Epecially with so much weight in the front. I love the C6 interior though! But the C6 4.2 is no match for my C5 2.7 modded. But more reliability was much needed, glad to hear Audi improved in that area!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:22 PM

I am trying to get my dad to purchase a C6 or new TT or something since both his kids will be in college next year (me 1st year and bro 3rd year). Possibly a S4 if I get lucky in convincing him. I would like to know more about the C6 as to intice him into buying it. He is getting an Audi though....one thing is he likes wagons soI will have to see about that (not saying I don't like the wagons I just haven't seen a lot in town for sale)

Old 11-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Site Moderator

Well thats an easy question to answer, this is primarilly a DIY forum for problems that might arise and C6 cars are all under warranty so far. Plus it seems the people that get the C6 lease them, and always get new cars after the lease is up.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 AM
SoCal Crew Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Nocturnal_A62.7

It is about understanding your car, and especially German cars,as theyare not American. They are more than a mechanical piece of steel, they are piece of art. It's like falling in love...you want to understand it from inside-out.

I could not say anything better,that rocks