Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: what do you think is wrong?
camshaft
0%
timing chain
0%
fuel pump
100.00%
battery
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Wont start - A6 SE FSi Quattro Auto v6 estate 252bhp

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 05:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Wont start - A6 SE FSi Quattro Auto v6 estate 252bhp

My Audi A6 3.2L petrol V6

A6 SE FSi Quattro Auto v6 estate 252bhp

Okay here goes so I drove the car 30miles without the camshaft sensor in place all was good got home, ( long story why the camshaft was missing) I've just picked up the car yesterday 09/02/2022
The car drove all the way it was lagging the whole journey and kept cutting out so I realised I had to keep my foot on the accelerator during the full journey and sometimes when in standstill traffic put in neutral and rev so it doesn't cut out. I did notice some clanking noises while driving but obviously the camshaft was not present so I thought maybe its this

This morning I fitted the camshaft sensor that was missing. Still started fine.

Here's the bit where I think it all went wrong.
So I noticed the car was jumping and still cutting out, having the little knowledge that I know, as I didn't have access to my diagnostic tool, I decided to manually pull the left side of the coil packs to see if the engine would respond to the plugs out. plug 1 came out and the engine stayed the same, so I was like let me go for plug 2 (plug meaning coil pack) and the car started jumping a lot more and then cut out.

now when I went to start the car it wouldn't start.

ive tried adding 20L of fuel because im guessing a fuel pumps not working when I did this it the car did sound like it wanted to try start but it didn't kick in. it was like a 2 second oh im going to start but then no. this makes me think it might be a fuel pump. I did an actuation test on the fuel pump and im not 100% sure but only the left side turned on and not the right side of the fuel pump under the passenger seat. I don't know if this actuation test only activates one fuel pump but that wouldn't make sense.

ive tried charging the battery

tried clearing all the faults no luck

not sure what to do

any help or ideas to try would be helpful.

id prefer doing the job myself rather than sending it to a mechanic as its going to cost bucks.

ill attach the fault codes I found which are

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...PE?usp=sharing

P0346 CAMSHAFT POS. SENSOR CIRC (BANK 2 ) RANGE/PERFORMANCE
P1636
P1674
P1602
02639 BUT MY CAR DOESNT HAVE KEYLESS ENTRY SO I DONT KNOW WHY IT COMES UP

PLEASE HELP