Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WoW!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 11:15 PM
1st Gear
Default WoW!

I had assumed it would be expensive but never would've guessed it was like this. I took my car to the dealership today. I waited all week to get an appointment. I'm hearing a distinct clack when going over a bump like the sound of some end links going bad on the driver's side. My passenger side front is making this "bomp bomp bomp" (I apologize - best way to describe it) when I turn right. My check engine light is on, and my regularly scheduled mileage service is due. Just to find out how much it will cost to fix from the dealership, I'm being charged $300. The service is $100. Is this normal? I'm ok...just a bit amazed at that.

Old 04-21-2006, 06:24 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: WoW!

Don't worry.
By the time U pick it up, the bill will be $1K. Always was when I had mine.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:46 AM
1st Gear

I hope not. I haven't authorized them to make any repairs. That price was just to find out how much more I'll have to pay.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:51 PM
1st Gear

If it's not under warranty, I'd find a good independent mechanic.
Dealers are way too expensive to pay out of your own pocket.
IIRC, they also don't break down labor hours by fraction (If they spend
ten minutes on your car, you still get billed for an hour).

Now what is it they call that.?? Oh, that's right: Stealing.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

So the dealer quoted me some outrageous price after charging me $450 just for the 50k service and diagnosis of the problems on the car. Apparently, both front cv axles need to be replaced and I have a leak in the rear tranny seal. So yeah, they quoted me like $2200. What kind of bs is that? MY mechanic quoted me $400 parts and labor for the cv axles. I haven't told them about the leak yet, but I'm sure it won't be a whole lot more. So yeah, that's getting fixed next week or the week after. Bill week is coming up so I have to check my finances. I'm going to get smashed tonight because it's been a stressful one.

I did get my road hazard sign and clay rubber floor mats in from Audiusa though. They are awesome. Plus, I found something else missing from my car. The "tool kit" in the trunk is missing. The cd changer is there (had to buy the magazines for it), but the tool kit is missing. If anyone knows how I would go about getting a replacement tool kit, I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

-John