Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZF 5HP24A rebuilders manual on PDF

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jackson101
Yes, you have found the larger torix head bolts that go around the pump,...but there are also 2 smaller bolts that you will also need to remove (8-total bolts,..I think). These smaller bolts are also located on the front of the pump housing. If you have removed all the bolts, the only thing holding in the pump housing,...is the O-ring that seals the pump housing to the transmission housing. It is pretty tight.
There's also two bolts behind those two black plastic plugs.
Thanks for this. All sorted. What threw me was the front prop shaft sleeve. Once I removed this all became clear.
Great forum and great advice.
Thanks team.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:23 PM
1st Gear
Default ZF 5HP24A repair manual

Hi Jackson 101, can you please provide information on getting a copy of the manual? Thanks

Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 AM
1st Gear
Default resource

Your DVD is on the way.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:53 PM
1st Gear

Thank you. Will look for it in the mail

Old 06-13-2013, 01:44 AM
1st Gear
Default Rebuilding my ZF5HP24A

With your write up, and a copy of your manual, we are ready to take on this project. Please let me know how I can get one from you. I a have an 02 A6 4.2 with that transmission. I have also, never pulled a tranny, let alone seen the insides, but economics are forcing our hand. I would love to know how to get a copy of that rebuild manual. We have ALL the proper tool now. we're looking to start the project right away. Thanks for all your info. we will document this quite well for the Forum.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 AM
1st Gear
Default Manual

I've added more information and exploded views of the valve body (the valve body is not covered in detail in the official ZF manual). I've also included parts lists for transmission and valve body (also, not included in the ZF manual). In addition, I've added information and sources for the PR valve (pressure relief) upgrade/repair/restoration.
There is also a diagnostic section in my manual.

I'm also working on an "air test" plate, to bolt in the place of your valve body. This will allow you to apply air to each clutch pack (A,B,C,D, E and F) individually to determine if any one of them is leaking. It's always nice to know that you can find a problem before reinstalling. Not sure on the timeline for the test plate yet. I produced one from wood, then aluminum and now intend to put my trans. on a farro arm, to get more exact dimensions. Once I have solid dimensions, the item will be loaded to CAD and produces on a CNC router, from tool quality aluminum.

I will keep you all informed.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:37 AM
1st Gear
Default Manual

Hey, Jackson101. I'm also interested in the manual, if it is still available. The gearbox has stopped shifting to second and I'm planning on doing a rebuild the weeks to come.

Cheers o/

Old 11-25-2015, 09:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Second that

Could I also have a copy please?

Old 11-26-2015, 09:30 AM
1st Gear
Default Test plate

Who wants a test plate? This is the plate that will bolt to your trans valve body, with 5-holes in it, for testing each gear, BEFORE putting it back in the car. You will apply about 30 PSI to each orifice to ensure that the clutch engages/disengages properly and listen for internal leaks.

Of course, the best way to test your new rebuild, is to take it to a shop or rebuilder and have them mount to a dyno-tester, so that it may be tested under actual loads. If you can find a shop that will do it, it will cost around 150.00 for this service. Otherwise the test plate is a good cheap option.

The test plate is 30.00 plus shipping. Shipping= the actual cost that USPS charges me, to ship to your door, not an artificially inflated amount.

Old 11-26-2015, 04:07 PM
1st Gear

I'd love to get my hands on a test plate as well - would it be possible for you to send it to the UK? As far as I know ebay offers a no-headache shipping program for outside US addresses, if it would be convenient for you, that'd be great. For 30 bucks it's practically a steal.

Cheers

Quick Reply: ZF 5HP24A rebuilders manual on PDF