Audi A7 Athletic, elegant and dramatic, the Audi A7 is a five-door coupe with the graceful look of a benchmark luxury sedan.

A7 Challenges after 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 03:54 AM
1st Gear
Default A7 Challenges after 2 weeks

I have had my A7 for 2 weeks now and love so many things about it, but also have the following challenges:

1- Whenever I step out of the car to close my home gate (yes its an old fashioned manual one), the car switches off, even if I leave the key inside it. I tried pressing the button that prevents the engine from shutting off when on traffic lights, but that did not help.

2- I have the 20” wheels, which look amazing, however when turning the steering wheel beyond a 30 degree angel on relatively slow speed (such as when pulling out of a parking spot in a supermarket), the steering feels a bit rough and there is a slight grinding type noise. When I start driving staring however, all is weel.

3- Does the car have a remote start from a distance capability option? Im pretty sure my car does not have it, but Would like to get it somehow if at all possible.

4- When approaching a parking spot after driving for sometime, the front camera and sensors do not seem to engage or work, until I stop, put the car in reverse first, then in Drive again, for the front camera and front park sensors to kick-in !!

Anyone have any suggestions or advise on those issues?

Last edited by sammy77; 09-23-2012 at 04:05 AM. Reason: added more info
Old 09-29-2012, 04:52 PM
1st Gear
Default A7 issues

Bring it back to the dealer. The motor should not shut off if you leave the car with the engine running. Mine has 19 inch wheels. Either way a grinding noise isn't good. Back to the dealer.
No remote start available as a factory installed option. Must be after market stuff available.
Unsure about the front cameras. Never noticed.

Good luck,
Lawrencemichael

Old 09-29-2012, 08:49 PM
1st Gear

The steering noise is normal, mine has it the dealer gave me an A6 with 20s as a loaner and same thing, he checked another A7 same thing, so three cars with the same symptom made us think that noise is normal or if it is a design flaw at least you are not the only one, no auto stop feature in the US but I am sure there is a way to leave the engine running ( mine does) about remote starting I have no idea and lastly about the front camera mine doesnt have one, maybe yours is a 2013 and this year front view camera is an option, regarding front sensors I "think" they should enable after slowing or making a full stop. My two cents