Audi A7 Athletic, elegant and dramatic, the Audi A7 is a five-door coupe with the graceful look of a benchmark luxury sedan.

Bose system problem...I hope?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 09:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Bose system problem...I hope?

Folks

Curious to hear from those who have the prestige package with the Bose sound system. Took delivery of my car (after 3 months of waiting) this past Wedensday and love it, except for the sound system. It seems to have limited base response. I have bass turned all the way up, and the system sounds flat as if the subwoofer ( assuming there is one) is not working at all. I listen to Rock and Roll and am not looking for thumping bass, but would expect way more out of an upgraded system. Again, I have the bass on max. Has any experienced this, or do I have system problem?

Thanks in advance for any reponses.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 AM
1st Gear
Default Bose and new A7

I've had my new A7 (Daytona Grey Pearl, Prestige, Cold, Innovation) for approx 2 weeks and there is not one thing wrong with it, regardless of the dealer explaining this is a "First Generation vehicle, and to 'naturally expect' some minor problems through it's life".

Regarding the Bose Sound System. I think it sounds f'ing great! Although, my experience varies depending on how you are listening to the music. Satellite, CD, compressed digital music, etc. Heck, I have found different CD's sound differently. Try a purchased production Madonna CD and get blown away by the bass! Go ahead . . . I dare ya ! ;-)

Old 02-19-2012, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

Vampirejay,

Thanks for your reply. From your response, "blown away", sounds like I have a system problem. Off to the dealer I go....

Thx.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM
1st Gear
Default bose bass

Response is very subjective. I have my bass set at flat and have the treble turned up because my treble response (ear ) is down, thanks to age. You might try lowering mid-range and treble , then turning the volume up.

halp