Audi A7 Athletic, elegant and dramatic, the Audi A7 is a five-door coupe with the graceful look of a benchmark luxury sedan.

Just got my 2012 Premium Plus

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Just got my 2012 Premium Plus

Hey guys

Just picked up a white on black 2012 premium plus with sline/led/hud/bose.

Beautiful car to say the least.but I have some questions and issues..

Does anyone know what the differences are between the Prestige that is apparently only available in the states(from canada btw) and the premium plus?

And

I seem to be having an issue with my ipad. When it is connected via mmi cable, I hear a nasty hiss in the background but any other source appears to be fine.

Help is much appreciated!

Old 09-01-2012, 03:47 AM
1st Gear
Default About the ipad

Have you tried to plug any other apple device into the plug? Maybe its just a bad MMI Cable, or a bad female plug on the iPad.

Try adjusting your A7's Input Volume maximum in the sound settings. Being at the maximum level might make it distort.

Also check the EQ on your iPad and maybe select a different EQ setting.

Bad ideas are better than none right?

Good luck

Old 09-03-2012, 10:31 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by aka Dirt
Have you tried to plug any other apple device into the plug? Maybe its just a bad MMI Cable, or a bad female plug on the iPad.

Try adjusting your A7's Input Volume maximum in the sound settings. Being at the maximum level might make it distort.

Also check the EQ on your iPad and maybe select a different EQ setting.

Bad ideas are better than none right?

Good luck
Thanks for the response

I played around with all the settings and nothing seemed to work except bluetooth streaming. I tried a ipod a few days ago using the mmi and there seemed to be no issue, so i guess its my ipad? No big deal though, looks like all my stuff is going on the ipod now.

Anyways heres a pic of the beast!

Attached Thumbnails Just got my 2012 Premium Plus-img-20120826-00179.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM
1st Gear
Default if you think its the ipad connection

if you think its the ipad connection for sure...take it to your nearest apple retailer and set up an appointment with one of the troubleshooters. I took in an iPhone about 2 months back that was having some speaker issues...since it wasnt my fault (the speakers were cracking and popping) they gave me a completely new iPhone. No questions asked. Took about 10 minutes for them to run a bunch of tests...and just like that they said it was a hardware issue and gave me a brand new phone!

Id take the time and get a new iPad if I were you!

Good luck.

Also get yourself an SD Card or two. I got a couple of the 32GB ones I think...Maybe they were 16GB...either way...They are super quick and they give you album artwork as well. Very cool.