Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

2004 Audi A8L "Stuttering" issue. PlEaSe HeLp!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 03:09 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation 2004 Audi A8L "Stuttering" issue. PlEaSe HeLp!!!

Hey everyone, this is my first post so im hoping I did this right

I have an '04 Audi A8L with around 134,xxx on the dash.
The car is great, I love it just need to figure out what can be the issue Im having with this awesome car.

Well, here is the big problem im having.
When I start the car, it kind of has a medium "burrr" sound. Kind of like a small vacuum. When I accelerate slowly or faster, the RPM will creep up correctly and everything, but when it switches gears, it sort of has a small jurk to it. This doesnt ALWAYS happen, but its becoming a little more consistant now.

Also, I took out the Air filter and cleaned it off a little untill I found a replacement. (its pretty dirty now). Since then, the check engine light came up. I had it looked at by Autozone and they read out some issue with air flow but could not pin-point the problem. Does this relate? Not sure, but I didnt want to leave anything out.

Please help me out guys, I can use some advice! Thanks a bunch!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:10 PM
1st Gear

Sorry, also VERY RANDOMLY when I start the car, it will CLICK, but not turn over until I take the key out and try again. Any suggestions? Thanks again!

Old 09-20-2010, 05:29 PM
1st Gear
Default vaccum line

please check and make sure you didnt move any vaccum lines. usually you pull one out and teh engine light will come on. also make sure the filter is seated correctly.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

Awesome thank you. Do you think that could be the cause of the small jurks?
Also, the engine light turns on and off randomly.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:51 AM
1st Gear
Default Possible

Usually, just going off the air filter deal you were doing. It may stutter because of the mixture is not correct.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:03 AM
1st Gear
Default Possible

Usually, just going off the air filter deal you were doing. It may stutter because of the mixture is not correct.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:37 AM
1st Gear

Im going to give what you said a try, and I have a sick feeling your right. Im going to leave a comment and let you know how it turns out. Prior to it, thank you. Really, I appriciate it a lot! you rock!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Site Moderator

Don't mean to be rude here, but you're just shotgunning. If you have a check engine light posting the fault code can easilly tell us whats wrong with it. If you don't know the fault code you could literally ask us thousands of questions as to why you can't figure out whats the deal with your car.
This is assuming the air filter tweak doesn't fix it.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:30 PM
1st Gear

Hey anyone that was waiting on the fix, STLYAMAHA was 110% right, I got it an oil change and he found the vacuum tube was unhooked thus making louder noise and some shift problems, plus now that I notice it's less heated on the engine side skirts and it has much much more power compaired!

So, to you STLYAMAHA, thank you a lot for you help!

(BTW order your oil filter @ Autozone and tell them the OIL FILTER is UNDER the AIR FILTER BOX TO THE RIGHT[/B][/B][/U][/B](left side facing engine.))

Old 10-04-2010, 12:34 PM
1st Gear

AUDITECH79, they didnt give me any error codes, and I know your right I just didnt have the right information on the problem, you know how Autozone is (In detroit esp. lol)

But that term seems like its exactly what was happening. Its still fresh so lets see if it keeps the problem away, and Im going to take it to get another scan ran on it to be safe. Ill post the result tomorrow hopefully and maybe you can help more if its needed. Thanks to you also for your help man.