Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Is the A8 Navigation not going to be the same as the TT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Default Is the A8 Navigation not going to be the same as the TT?

I have a 2007 A8. Even when I bought it new, the navigation system was 'ordinary' (I could get better functionality from a mid-price Garmen).

In 2008 my wife bought a new TT and the Navigation system (supposedly the same) is significantly better. On the TT, you get a small window that pops up with 'immediate directions' and a bunch of additional features. Certainly as good as the Garmen (without the touch screen of course).

A month ago, Audi offered me the SPECIAL discount on upgrading my A8 Navigation and I figured that is was worth the $200 they charged to get my A8 to the same level as her TT.

I installed the new DVD and to my disappointment, all I got was the same bland A8 Navigation with updated maps.

Have I missed the point here? Is the A8 Navigation really suppsoed to be so much less functional than the TT or is there a way to upgrade the system as well as inserting the latest DVD?

Old 08-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Site Moderator

As far as i know the update only upgrades the maps, it won't change how the navigation works. The navigation in the TT is the latest design which has a different navigation unit than that of the A8. There isn't a fix (as of yet) to change it, but with the way of technology these days it won't take long until there is a CD made to make it even better than that of the current TT's navigation.
I guess you will just have to wait it out for now or upgrade to the new D4 A8 thats coming out next year.
Of course you could just slap in a Garmin LOL.