Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Air bag light

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 11:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Air bag light

Hey guys. I thought I saw a post about this but haven't found it again. I have my airbag light on. The previous owner said he had to replace the ignition and it has been on since. I need this light gone to pass my car thru inspection. Thanks in advance everybody.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:33 PM
2nd Gear

You'll probably have to do a Vagcom to confirm exact problem, unless you are brave enough to (AND have manual) dive in there yourself....you'll blow yer head off, if you're not careful

Could be as simple as a bad connection outside the bag unit from the ignition switch job(?) ...or improperly seated bag (if he had to remove it)..not making proper contact...there's a special spring behind the bag, in the wheel that may be broken/worn, etc...could cause a loss of elec contact (not sure about that part...just heard stories...also have heard about this spring making noise when turning wheel if broken or improperly installed?).

PLUS, wear your seatbelt in the meantime.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Site Moderator

Absolutely no way to check that without a vag com. Probably has nothing to do with the ignition switch itself, however he might have pinched the harness to the air bag in the steering wheel triggering the light.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:44 AM
1st Gear

I will check it out guys. Thanks. And no, I am not brave enough. Hahahaha