Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

The Audi A8 too left me on foot!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:26 PM
1st Gear
Default The Audi A8 too left me on foot!

Yesterday my A8 4E 4.0 TDI (2003) has forsaken me!

For a couple of days the car gave me a power failure (not just in the morning when you first turn but at every engine restart): immediately after the engine has started, pressing the accelerator, the engine speed did not increase .. . after about ten seconds it came back ok and the car was working perfectly until the next restart.

Yesterday I was advanced in reserve. I turned on the engine, I had the same throttle problem on raising engine and, after about ten seconds, the engine was ok ... The car was perfect.

I rana couple of miles and I parked. 4 hours later, I went back on the car and try to start. The starter runs perfectly, the engine starts but reveals noises typical of a "two-cylinder running car," as if there was water in the gazole, bubbling for about ten seconds and then turns off. Since that I've tried dozens of times to restart the engine but nothing: the starter is ok, the engine seems to turn on but turns off immediately after.

I called the truck that led me to my car service (not Audi). We changed the fuel filter, we opened one by one the injectors to see if they were spraying fuel and the were ok. Then we tried and tried to turn but the problem was always the same: the engine seems to start but turns itself off immediately.

I made the diagnosis with Ross-Tech VCDS and it gave me only "right side solenoid valve" and a "motor mount radiator fan"). We called the car service AUDI and we were told it is probably a problem of control unit that must be reconfigured / remapped.

Someone can help me? There has already happened? Can I do anything with VCDs Ross-Tech, Type reset and reconfiguration control unit? Could it be the immobilizer?

Please help me... this time I am on foot!

Last edited by rconsalvi; 10-14-2011 at 05:28 PM.