Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

D3 MMI big button issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 12:46 PM
1st Gear
Default D3 MMI big button issues

I have search both forums nothing specific to my issues. About a month now the big button aka main button on the MMI will not communicate with the screen. Its pretty much stuck at the main screen where you select the language/accept the driving while using the nav warning. The radio still works and the volume button as well. I can change station using the wheel button any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:44 PM
1st Gear

The control panel can be disassembled and cleaned, many have done it successfully.
I don't recall much about the main button though - it's usually the others they have problems with.

Are you seeing any codes in a VCDS Auto-Scan besides the stuck button one ?

It's also possible it has simply worn out over time.
I see the control panels on eBay and the classifieds from time to time.

You could get a new assembly from AudiUSAparts but they are not cheap and they have the best prices I've found anywhere.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jakematic
The control panel can be disassembled and cleaned, many have done it successfully.
I don't recall much about the main button though - it's usually the others they have problems with.

Are you seeing any codes in a VCDS Auto-Scan besides the stuck button one ?

It's also possible it has simply worn out over time.
I see the control panels on eBay and the classifieds from time to time.

You could get a new assembly from AudiUSAparts but they are not cheap and they have the best prices I've found anywhere.
Thanks Jake...No codes, that's my next step is to get it out and give it a good clean. I took the **** off hoping to see something broken but its all in tact