Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Going insane - can't find my immobiliser !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:12 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy Going insane - can't find my immobiliser !!!!

Hi guys ...

Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum or if this has already been answered somewhere else; I'm going cross-eyed with all the reading and searching I've done and I'm just about to cross the line from sanity to complete madness.

Got a 2000 reg A8, 2.8L, which has had an intermittent immobiliser problem since I've had it - namely, when the temperature drops below 2 degrees centigrade, the immobiliser refuses to disengage. Had another car and we use that and the Audi 'rests' over the winter. However, the other car has given up the ghost and I need to bring my car out of hibernation.

Having done loads of research, it seemed that a possible culprit was the wiring from the coil reader to the immobiliser module (getting cold, I'm guessing the wiring 'shrunk' and had poor connection / conduction). Anyway, decided to get replacement wiring and sort the problem.

I've followed some well documented procedures and removed the airbag, undone the steering wheel bolt, removed the steering wheel, removed the upper and lower steering column shroud, removed the lower dash trim ... and come to a grinding halt ...

No matter where I look - above, below, around, behind - there is no sign whatsoever of the immobiliser module !!!! .. and it's driving me insane

Can anyone tell me or suggest where else the module might be ... please, before they cart me off to the nut hut ?!!!!