Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Hi guys, looking at A8's, can you help me???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Default Hi guys, looking at A8's, can you help me???

Hi i am starting to look for a car for my wife. I am a Porsche guy so i really wanted to get her a Cayenne just so i could say i had another porsche in my garage. But i do love most german cars. Yesterday we stopped by the Audi dealer and test drove a used A8L , we were absolutely floored, it was like the total package and my wife loved it and i was very surprised at the decent gas mileage. Now after browsing ads on the net i am shocked at how inexpensive these cars are for what you get.

1) Why is resale so low are there problems with these cars or a bad rep??

2) Does anyone have an L model and do you think its too big for parking lots and such (my wife is a petite woman) do we really need all that leg room in the back or was it just the wow factor??

3) If i do buy one eventually what main concernes should i have.... i will get an 05 or later.

4) Are you guys happy with your cars??? what are you not happy about??

Thanks alot guys

JERRY

Old 09-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Site Moderator

Read the sticky at the top of the page, A8's drop in value because of folks usually lease them and get new ones within a few years, and because of the 04 models issues. If you want to buy a used A8L just get an 05+ model to save yourself the headaches of having to return to the dealer for petty repairs constantly. The turning radius is actually very good, i can manuver into parking spaces very easilly, plus it has sensors both front and rear so you won't bump into anything if your view is obstructed.
I love the A8L, i plan on purchasing an 06 model when they drop below 30k in the future (im poor ) Of course an audi is just another VW product like Porshe and Lambroghini so you know the quality is excellent. Audi in my mind is a better choice for overall performance and ride quality for a daily driver, the porshe is more of a weekend warrior.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:34 AM

Thanks for the info man, how about that air ride system is it an option or does it come on all of the A8's.
Is it reliable????

Old 09-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Site Moderator

The air suspension is standard on all A8's 04+, the air ride suspension isn't a problem. But the upper control arms bushings are like i mentioned in the sticky. Every 50k or so you will have to replace the upper control arms which isn't a really big deal.