Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Locking doors while car is running

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:13 PM
1st Gear
Default Locking doors while car is running

I have a 04 A8 and was wondering is there anyway to lock the doors from the outside of the car while the car is running. I tried locking the door with the key and it just unlock right back. The remote does not work while the car is on and that does not work either. Does anybody have or heard of someone with a remote starter for this thing?

Old 01-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Locking doors while car is running

You may be able to VAG/hack it, but IDK.

You wanna warm up your car when it's cold outside, w/o worring about some punk kid stealing it (and yoru sneakers), while you sip yer coffee, huh?

Do your engine and your walleta favor, unless you live somewhere EXTREEMLY cold (in which case, get an engine-block-warmer), just drive gently until your motor reaches minimum operating temp. *My* gauge is that, when teh temp needle reaches up to the lowest mark, my engine is at minimum opearting temp and ready to actively engage traffic. Below that, I drive like a retired Nun.

Oh, and, dress in layers, during teh winter months.

AND, use lotion for the extra-dry-skin we usually get this time of year.

One last thing, bananas are NOT a toy! It's ALL fun and games, until SOMEONE loses and eye... Then it's ONE-EYED fun and games!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Site Moderator

You're out of your mind Jazz..........

Old 01-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Senior Administrator

Thanks! Do you have any legitimate advice for the OP, beyond my suggestion to drive gently and dress warm?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Site Moderator

You can try audiworld codings, the car is not supposed to lock with the key when its running. Its a safety feature, plus the car will recognize the key up to 20ft away from the car so it won't lock on you. I doubt you can change it.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:31 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

Lock it manually. I left my car running for a few minutes while I ran upstairs, I tried what you did then I tried just hitting the lock button on the inside, then shut the door. The doors stayed locked.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: tdn

Lock it manually. I left my car running for a few minutes while I ran upstairs, I tried what you did then I tried just hitting the lock button on the inside, then shut the door. The doors stayed locked.
Your car also doesn't recognize the key when you get close to the vehicle though. The A8 is a completely different monster.