Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Mmi buttons

Old 08-27-2010, 12:47 PM
1st Gear
Question Mmi buttons

Can someone please help with Audi A8 MMI issue? the stealer says I need the buttons unit at a cost of $600 plus, and labor not included. Saw one on ebay, but the part number given to me by the dealer was 4E1919612H, and the one for sale is 4E1919610N, and the ebay post says it is compatible with 4E1919612J.

Please help to decipher if my car is compatible with the unit for sale on ebay.
thank you

Old 08-27-2010, 01:56 PM
1st Gear

What's the issue with your buttons? Have you tried taking out the module and carefully cleaning it? It's definitely on my list of things to do. I saw the one on e-bay, and unfortunately it won't work for my car, since I don't have the start engine button.

l8r)

Old 08-28-2010, 08:23 AM
1st Gear

Ludikraut, I have not taken it out and clean it, as last time I tried to take out the console to replace the parking brake button that was broken, I ended up paying a mechanic. I could not figure it out.
Could you give me some pointers as to how it comes out?
I believe cleaning it may solve it.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 PM
1st Gear

Happy to report that I have disassembled the MMI buttons unit, cleaned it and it is now working. Have saved me buying the unit at a staggering $600 + labor. The stealer had suggested the only way to fix the MMI problem was replacing the part, and reprogramming.
Keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue to work.
If anyone needs to know how it was done, shoot me a note and I will post.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tenorjvelez
Happy to report that I have disassembled the MMI buttons unit, cleaned it and it is now working. Have saved me buying the unit at a staggering $600 + labor. The stealer had suggested the only way to fix the MMI problem was replacing the part, and reprogramming.
Keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue to work.
If anyone needs to know how it was done, shoot me a note and I will post.
Please post a DIY with plenty of pics. Or, a PDF how-to would be great. Be uber generous with the pics. I'm sure a lot of forum readers would really appreciate the effort. I'm looking to do the clean it first thing, before giving in and buying the part. I'm pretty sure most other people would too.

I'll be looking forward to it...

Last edited by FlyTyinFool; 08-30-2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Mispelling
Old 09-02-2010, 03:39 AM
1st Gear

Yes I am also interested and it would be a great contribution as I haven't seen any writeup on how to do it. Please send me a PM once posted.
Thanks!

Old 09-02-2010, 03:42 AM
1st Gear

Sorry, it double posted.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:50 AM
1st Gear
Default 4 button q7 mmi

Hi Can anyone help me. I bought a 56plate q7 with 4 button mmi. I knew the unit was already damaged as the lady who owned the car had spilt a drink on it so some of the buttons are not working. I noticed on this forum that it can be an option to take the unit apart and clean it carefully, does anyone know how to do this? Would be most grateful for any help. Has a look on ebay last few weeks and only seems to be 8 button units available which I don't know if it would work in my car?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

Can't find any pictures, but here is a text description:
http://account.audiworld.com/showpos...27&postcount=5

I need to clean mine due to a spill. If it doesn't fix itself and I get around to taking it apart, will post pictures.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:32 PM
1st Gear
Default audi q7 mmi

thanks jakematic, much appreciate your help. If you do end up taking some pictures please let me see them.

Kind regards

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mmi buttons