Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Purchasing a D3 from out of state

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 10:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Purchasing a D3 from out of state

Has anyone ever purchased a D3 that was out of state ? Or across the country ? I'm trying to figure out the logistics for this maneuver. I've been looking for a while in my area (Florida) but the ones that I find are advertised as "Like New" when I look at them they have all been P.O.S. and that's being nice. Pictures look great but when you get there they look like a train wreck. Anyways I've been looking for owner advertised A8 across the country and realize if I find one will I have to hop on a plane to inspect it ? Is there a service for this somewhere? I've purchased car faxes galore. I wish they offered a yearly subscription. I've come across a few that just can't be accurate. Looked at a few that SAY no accidents, but the body panels don't match. I'm sure that comes from the owners not reporting accident.

If any one else is down here looking, I can point out the ones to avoid.

Shipping I can handle.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 05-25-2013, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

I purchased a D3 from out of state. It was a royal pain. I got a great price, but the car ended up with some issues. I highly recommend you see the car in person first. Nothing can substitute for seeing the car with your own eyes, driving it with you own feet and feeling it with your own hands. Also it is good to talk to the dealer to gauge their honesty. From my own experience don't buy a car from Killer Carz in New Jersey. They are straight up crooks. Good luck!

Old 05-25-2013, 08:23 PM
1st Gear

If you find one up here in Mass or NH I would be willing to look at it for you