Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

SKC and Pin Codes from Dealer Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 08:54 PM
1st Gear
Default SKC and Pin Codes from Dealer Installed

Need some help from the experts on this site.

I need some clarification on the following scenarios.

1. If i get a new cluster from audi and they use geko to install and sync the ecu and cluster to the car and marry all the keys etc...... Would i then be able to read the cluster to get the skc /pin code? I know that audi does not see the skc due to geko system but once they program and sync everything shouldnt i be able to then read the skc that they programmed via the geko system?

Or when they use the geko system it authorizes the car and syncs all components but no real skc it put on the cluster or ecu?

Can anyone here clarify how this works? Geko programming and syncing and then being able to view skc afterwards?

Old 03-17-2014, 08:54 PM
1st Gear

Need some help from the experts on this site.

I need some clarification on the following scenarios.

1. If i get a new cluster from audi and they use geko to install and sync the ecu and cluster to the car and marry all the keys etc...... Would i then be able to read the cluster to get the skc /pin code? I know that audi does not see the skc due to geko system but once they program and sync everything shouldnt i be able to then read the skc that they programmed via the geko system?

Or when they use the geko system it authorizes the car and syncs all components but no real skc it put on the cluster or ecu?

Can anyone here clarify how this works? Geko programming and syncing and then being able to view skc afterwards?