Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Tint?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
1st Gear

Okay great because I have that spot missing paint along with a few small gouges from the previous owner on the back along with tiny pen dot sized rust spots that are very small I'd like to touch up.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 PM
2nd Gear

You've got to be nuts living in Michigan and wanting 5% limo tint. I did that on my Bravada (SUV) and you can't see in the back, it's great for keeping my tools safe, but it sucks to see out of at night.

My front passenger and drivers side windows are 35% and my rear door windows are 20% while the back is of course the 5%.

I am planning on tinting my Audi, and in VA anything less than 50% is illegal. Which is LAME, because 50% is pretty transparent. I am thinking of going 20% on the rear and back window and then 35% up front so cops won't bother me.

But maybe 35% all the way around, just to be safe after seeing the above photo.

I mean 5% just screams, hey look I'm a thug!!! Pull Me over, I have dark tint because I must be doing something illegal, I mean since you're already profiling me.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:21 AM
1st Gear

I take your comment under consideration but find it highly irrelevant. Living in Michigan sure you don't need limo tint, but I think it looks nice on the car. I really believe that the cops have much better time to spend pulling over kids in Pontiac Grand Am's with their tint dark and their stupid stereos blasting rap music all the time. Than to pull over a Silver flagship sedan with dark windows. Even if I were to be pulled over I have nothing to hide and I am in no way a jigaboo or gangster. So I'll be all set.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:17 PM
1st Gear

Glad I found this post as I have to get my daughters Pelican blue, II Millenium A4Q tinted. I'm leaning on 35% all around and now seeing yours gives me a true look of its soon to be "new look" Thanks!
Swankster

Originally Posted by auditech79
I have pictures of my S4 with 35% all the way around, just try to imagine it with 5% in the back i guess. Maybe someone else can help.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

Oh her A4 btw how it looks now...
As you can see it really needs some tint

She's 17, a senior in H.S. and her first Auto.......
and will be in Law enforcement in a few years

Swankster

Old 12-04-2009, 10:43 AM
3rd Gear

here is mine with the tint

Name:  1002091451-1.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  104.2 KB

Old 12-04-2009, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

rhohmann, that car is a great car. Much different color than I was thinking though! Tint would definitely look good on that, and I'm not much of a rim but some decent rims not too flashy would really standout and make that car look great!
I'll be posting my pics of my A8 with Limo tint in a few minutes. Awesome pics andrew!

Old 12-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Site Moderator

LOL, yeah that pelican blue one is what we call the fish bowl look. Some people like it that way, i like my interior not to fade from the sun personally.
I also notice that you are in CA, if you're daughter plans on going to any law enforcement, beware as they will usually check your car for code violations. Some years ago my buddy went into the CHP with tint on the front windows and they told him if he wanted to join he would have to remove that tint. Not sure if thats the deal with police officers though.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Site Moderator

So where are the pics of the A8!?

Old 12-06-2009, 01:38 AM
1st Gear

Sorry man, its been snowing and raining here lately so I haven't had a good time to go and take a pic. It's gotta be clean ya know

Quick Reply: Tint?