Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Tint?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Brozee
rhohmann, that car is a great car. Much different color than I was thinking though! Tint would definitely look good on that, and I'm not much of a rim but some decent rims not too flashy would really standout and make that car look great!
I'll be posting my pics of my A8 with Limo tint in a few minutes. Awesome pics andrew!
Thanks! Agree tint is a must and got an appt for this week to get her done.
Also on the wheels but just cannot afford them right now. Was thinking of powder coating them satin black though. Still if i do that, I'd like to lower the vehicle, for obvious reasons, and that I'm sure isn't cheap either.

Originally Posted by auditech79
LOL, yeah that pelican blue one is what we call the fish bowl look. Some people like it that way, i like my interior not to fade from the sun personally.
I also notice that you are in CA, if you're daughter plans on going to any law enforcement, beware as they will usually check your car for code violations. Some years ago my buddy went into the CHP with tint on the front windows and they told him if he wanted to join he would have to remove that tint. Not sure if thats the deal with police officers though.
Frankly, that color is perfect for her and is growing even on me. I could not resist as that car ws in perfect condition when I bought it for her.

Not CHP and I don't think that is much of a worry. I have two Bros who are LEOS (1 a S.O. & the other a Lieutenant at a city PD).

Both are mentoring her and she just won an Award for "Top Gun" Female Marksman/Shooter at the range for their Explorers program.

Only one male and she! could shoot a shell out of an existing hole/shot in the bulls eye, both made previously (out of 46 Explorers). I asked her if her eyes were closed at the time.
Believe this, she had only handled and shot a gun only once before when my bro finally took her out about a month before. The male had his own firearm since a child and both his parents were in law enforcement.

She told me that the head instructor at the shooting range personally complimented her on her hand trigger skills. Very proud Papa!

My brother-her Uncle

Click on-
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-07-2009, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

Congrats on the great woman man!

Old 12-09-2009, 07:57 PM
1st Gear

Well, got it done; 35% all around...
Not the best pics as daylight was diminishing at time & no flash.
Dom & her tinted A4Q...
Swankster

Old 12-09-2009, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

That looks so much better! Now I actually like the color and the rims are cool now. I really enjoy the pre faclift audis (before 06) that's why I chose an 05 a8!

Old 12-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Site Moderator

Looks great, now tell her to lower that 4X4 and shes good to go.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:18 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Brozee
That looks so much better! Now I actually like the color and the rims are cool now. I really enjoy the pre faclift audis (before 06) that's why I chose an 05 a8!
Thanks! I agree on the front end styling too...

Originally Posted by auditech79
Looks great, now tell her to lower that 4X4 and shes good to go.
"4X4" Hah hah!!! although I do agree! it just isn't in the works at this time. Besides in our neck of the woods, we have lots of big critters dashing across the rural roads; no need for roadkill or worse (depending on how you look at it) "damage" to the front lower facia/spoiler... (just kidding!!! but sounds like a good excuse!)
Swankster

Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 PM

brozee, about how much for the a8 tint job.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:28 PM
1st Gear

Good question! Yeah what are some prices you guys paid for tint.
I had an in...
Friend of a friend thing, normally $225. (all the way around); me $180.
Swankster

Old 12-10-2009, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

Heres what they told me from a few different places, "The A8 is one of the hardest cars possible to tint, with the small windows in the back along with the extremely hard back window. I got quotes all around from usually $350. The $350 quote was for the normal tint in generic use. I went for the upgraded version with carbon in it, so it won't peel or turn color and is extremely durable. It was sun guard premium i believe? This was $420 installed. And I got the $60 insurance so if I ever am to be pulled over they peel off the tint take a picture and re-install whatever tint I want back on. So about $405 after tax. And it looks beautiful after all the bubbles finally evaporated, and no scratches yet!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:59 AM
2nd Gear

I got two quotes for 150 and 175 for all the windows on my A4. 35% all the way around. I like your daughters car, looks much better with tint. Here in VA the law is only 50% tint and no lower, which is pretty ridiculous, because that's transparent. That's like factory tint on most windows anyways. But if you go to dark, you'll get nailed. I've avoided this by going dark and all but my front windows. Cops just want to be able to see you.

Last edited by mikekey; 12-11-2009 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Tint?