Audi Q Model Line SUV

Audi Q3 Interior light

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 09:24 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi Q3 Interior light

I just bought an Audi Q3, and I can't figure out how to get the interior light to stay on, it keeps turning off after a time really annoying when trying to read something.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:11 AM
1st Gear

I see alot of views so let me clarify. I have the Australian version of the Audi Q3 (if that makes any difference).

I have read the section which explains the interior courtesy light operation. There are two buttons one a icon of a light bulb ,and the other with picture of a car with one of the doors open indicating the light will come on when a door is opened. Now I assumed that pressing the light button would turn the interior courtesy light on and leave it on, until I turned it off; however after a couple of minutes the light goes out.

After reading the manual I'm thinking it won't stay on but if someone has answer has an answer as to how I can make it stay on please let me know , as even the Audi dealer had no idea about it. I noticed in the manual there should be another two "reading" lights on either side of the courtesy light, with more buttons to turn them on, a footnote on the bottom says "not available in all export models."

My second question is can I get the reading lights fitted if my Audi Q3 doesn't have them. I used to use them alot in my old car while waiting in the car to read, really annoying to have to keep opening the door every-time it goes out.