B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Above Interior Door light Fried (dome Light)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:58 AM
1st Gear
Default Above Interior Door light Fried (dome Light)

[:@]Hey guys I have a problem and I dont know how to solve it by myslef. I did something stupid, My front dome light, the light that comes on whenyou open the doors and the reading lights used to rattle really bad from my subwoofersI had and it bugged the hell outta me. So i started messing around with one day trying to figure out a way to get it to stop rattleing. Well i started pulling on it to see what was inside and the light started flickering. I didn't know why but about 2 minutes later the light started smoking really bad and it had that electric battery smell. I didn't know what to do about the smoking so I pulled the fuse that controlled those lights and it stopped smoking. Relieved that my car did catch on fire, I put the fuse back to see if it would start smoking again and it didn't. My above light in the front and in the back did not work now. Looking around at the light again i see that all the wires in the light assembly were fried and melted. I really need to get this fixed. Does anyone have any suggestion on what to do or whereI can find a whole new above interior light assembly. It sucks now because at night ifI need to look for something in my car I have to use a flashlight or my cellphone to look around because i have no interior lights. Please someone tell me what I need to do to get my lights working again...Thanks Guys[:@]

I uploaded a picture to show exactly what light im talking about

[IMG]local://upfiles/45209/BF3489517E3941F19DB2F312DDC6BF00.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-04-2008, 11:33 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Above Interior Door light Fried (dome Light)

Grab yourself a multimeter, spool of wire, a soldering iron, and some heat shrink tubing. If any of that sounds foreign to you, be prepared to lighten your wallet considerably at a local shop.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:23 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Above Interior Door light Fried (dome Light)

I donno i was just messing wit the light today and they work... the wires still look fried and prolly should have someone look at them but for now im happy that they work