Audi Q5 The Audi Q5, aerodynamics have never looked so good.

Q5 Feedback Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:48 PM
1st Gear
Talking Q5 Feedback Wanted

Hi! We are seriously considering a 2012 Q5 and a European Delivery. We have test-driven it and love it and I am interested in hearing any advise or tips as we get closer to our purchase such as options you would or would not get; must-haves etc. Any information you could provide would be appreciated, such as neogotiating a price, colors, discount for European Delivery, the European Delivery. Thank you!

Old 08-11-2011, 02:57 PM
1st Gear

I'm not sure how much more to offer, but I just had Q5 as a loaner for 4 days and liked it enough to talk to the dealer about purchasing it (I haven't yet). The one we had was 2011 Premium Plus with the 2.0T engine and Quattro. Driving around without a heavy foot I was averaging 30mpg. The nav system interface and instrument display was a huge improvement over my 08's.

We loved the backup camera, I'm not sure it is any better than anyone else's but we thought it was a must have feature if we bought one.

Also I don't know if the completely glass roof is standard or an option, but I'd take that too.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

I love My 2010 Q5. Waited 9 months to get it though. Nothing I don't like about it except that I wished that I had ordered the factory tow hitch right from the get go because its too expensive to get it from Audi after the fact. Base 3.2 with a premium package pretty much comes with most standard luxury features. Just don't have the Nav which I don't miss too much. I wish I could have bought the 2.0T instead and saved some money yet still have similar performance if not better with a chip.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:38 AM
1st Gear

Thank you both so much for your response. Both were helpful. Great advise for the tow package because we would be adding that to the vehicle. And love the 30 mpg! Looking forward to becoming Mrs. OOOO! Thank you!

Old 08-29-2011, 11:46 PM
1st Gear

Mrs. O,

I'm also looking for 2012 Q5 through ED. I would like to pick up the car in April so I've a little bit of time before placing the order. Have you started the process to discuss pricing (or rather the discount) with any of the dealers? While Audi says the car is eligible for upto 5% off MSRP, I'm curious to see if dealers are actually offering that discount.

Cheers!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:26 AM
1st Gear

Hi Kili2007! We are in the same place. We are looking for a pick-up the second week in April and I am curious when they say up to 5% off for the ED if that is the case. (Selling point with Mr. O.) We went and test drove the 2011's and the salesperson did not know anything about ED so I would like to find a sales person who is an expert on ED before we go somewhere; but not sure how to go about this other than just calling dealers around here. Mr. O. has a BMW and we did a Performance Center Delivery which was amazing! We are located outside of Philadelphia and now Mr. O. is looking to his BMW forum for people who also have Audi's to see if they can recommend a salesman who can help us. Since your timeframe is the same as ours when do you plan on ordering yours? Before the end of 2011? Thank you for your response and maybe we can help each other! I am a little discouraged about this Audi forum because if we posted this on the BMW forum we'd get so much information and support. Mrs. O - soon to be Mrs. OOOO!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:47 AM
1st Gear

Hi Mrs. O,

We are looking to pick up in the first week of April to coincide with kids' spring break in Atlanta. I was thinking of going of starting the discussions in October/November and to finalize the order by December. My concern is that with Q5 selling off the lots as soon as they arrive, many dealers may not be too willing to offer the 5% discount. There are 3 dealers in Atlanta and I'm going to start the process in a a month or so to see who would be the best one to work with.

Ciao.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:53 AM
1st Gear

Hi Kili2007! We are going to be in Italy during Easter and figured take the extra time and do ED in Germany afterwards. Yes, I am concerned about the discount with the supply/demand. I'll keep you posted on our progress and hope you'll do the same! Cheers! Mrs. O.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:13 PM
1st Gear

$500 over invoice seems to be what most call a good deal....

but supply and demand has a lot to do with that

DO get the B&O - it is amazing for a car audio system...

and we love the Q - lot's of mods already to personalize it for the wife (since it's her DD)

Last edited by JohnBoyToo; 08-31-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 AM
1st Gear

Thank you JohnBoyToo!

Quick Reply: Q5 Feedback Wanted