Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

2 Zone AC to 4 Zone Retrofit (add electronic rear controls)- possible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Default 2 Zone AC to 4 Zone Retrofit (add electronic rear controls)- possible?

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit (add) the rear electronic HVAC controls to a Q7 that only came factory with the electronic 2-zone system in the front? I was looking at one of the VW sites and someone said (there) that all you have to do is obtain the control head and connect it with very little wiring. They were saying, at least for the Tuareg? that the HVAC is controlled by the head unit anyway and that by installing the rear electronic unit, it just tells the head unit what to direct to the rear seats. Has anyone done this on a Q7? I'd like to do it....

Any advice would be appreciated-Thanks.

My vehicle is a 2007 Q7 with the MMI+NAV.

Thanks,
Leif

Old 08-13-2010, 09:21 PM

Hasn't anyone attempted this before? I think all I need is the rear control unit and the wiring harness to connect to the head unit. Any help would be appreciated though!

Thanks,
Leif

Old 08-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Default Rear AC controls (behind) Pictures please!

Could someone who has the rear AC controls w/o heated seats please pop out the rear control unit and take a picture of the wire plugs that are attached to it? There are several plugs on the rear AC control unit that I bought but I suspect some of them to be used for the rear heated seat option that I do not have or want. I have already ordered the service manuals but would like to see a factory setup to give me an idea of how it was done-please!

Thank you for your help!

-Leif

Old 02-06-2011, 02:27 AM
1st Gear

Do you have the instruction on how to pop out the rear control unit? Has you found the way to install your control unit? I have the 4 zone installed without heated seats. Let me know, I can pop it out to take pictures.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:01 AM
1st Gear
Default any luck?

hi just wondering if you had any luck as im trying to attempt the same

thank
Al

Originally Posted by Leifmb
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit (add) the rear electronic HVAC controls to a Q7 that only came factory with the electronic 2-zone system in the front? I was looking at one of the VW sites and someone said (there) that all you have to do is obtain the control head and connect it with very little wiring. They were saying, at least for the Tuareg? that the HVAC is controlled by the head unit anyway and that by installing the rear electronic unit, it just tells the head unit what to direct to the rear seats. Has anyone done this on a Q7? I'd like to do it....

Any advice would be appreciated-Thanks.

My vehicle is a 2007 Q7 with the MMI+NAV.

Thanks,
Leif